I have a small obsession w/ looking at real estate. I do it even after I've bought a home. I go look at open houses, just because....I look at a real estate website everyday. I just love it. And right now it is coming in useful because I need to find a new house. I am pretty sure the deal will be going through w/ one I am selling. It's been on market 6 months and goal was to sell at what I bought it for (just not lose $$). Goal met and looks like the buyer just needs to sign off on the inspection report items they asked me to fix. Should know on Monday. If that is the case then I will be closing September 27.
There will be a few stressful weeks in there because I will be driving 4.5 hours over to old home to get packed up w/ moving company, close w/ relo company on Sept 27, have the rental furniture company pick up furniture in my current temp apartment Sept 30 (because I am not willing to spend 450/mo for rental furniture--call me cheap, I don't care), and HOPE that I have a new home to go into by then. Oh, and let's not forget that I will be starting my medication, etc. for the IUI. I actually am glad in a sense because if I don't tolerate medication well, at least I won't be at work. I'll just be telling movers what to pack.
That's what I am working on today....looking at homes online and pricing out what total monthly costs will be. Do I sacrifice space for cost? I have found one home I am going to look at next weekend. It is a little over 1,000 Sq ft, 3 bed, 1 ba, 1 car garage, and not in "popular" area, but zoned to one of best school districts in city. It is small, yes, but would be about 1/2 the monthly cost of another one that just popped on the market that's 1450 sq ft, 3 bed, 2 ba, 2 car garage and IN "popular" area. School zone is still okay.
My whole goal is to give me flexibility such that when I expect things to work out w/ a baby, I will be able to work part time....or no time for awhile....if I want. That would be tough w/ a bigger house payment. But will I feel too crammed, claustrophobic, in a smaller space?
Guess will have to wait until next weekend to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment