I did it~~! I called the RE office today and scheduled the start to my first IUI for next month. I need to go in and get the baseline ultrasound and take the medication class one week prior to a cycle. So, we have it scheduled for Monday September 12 @ 3pm. Perfect timing because I am taking that day off--will be flying back in town from Boston after seeing mi amigos. Yippee Kay Yay!
For the medications, I am taking Letrozole, then a trigger shot, then some kind of suppository (TMI, sorry). I am doing this medicated because my body doesn't work normally and I do not ovulate. This is due to the PCOS. So I take the Letrozole on cycle days 3-7, then trigger so my ovary will bust out an egg, then IUI, then other. I read in another blog Letrozole can be explained as miracle grow for my eggs. There is an increased risk of multiples, but that's the risk I have to take if I want to move forward w/ this.
Things are a movin!
Congrats on moving forward to the TTC world!
ReplyDeleteJendo, thanks for the encouragement! I went to your blog and the more I read, the more I could relate. Especially about the family situation. Just reverse your mom w/ my dad. Amazing how much of an impact that has on your life. I'm looking forward to reading more....
ReplyDelete