About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Glad

I have felt a lot of relief since I changed the weblog, I am really surprised. I didn't realize how much anxiety I would feel about my extended family reading about my path and worrying about what I should/shouldn't say. I am not very close with them so probably should have known that the best support would come from my awesome friends.  They have held me together when my life was falling apart. Took me a really long time to work through grief of my mom, then depression, then flat out resigning from my job (many reasons for this) and took 10 months off to "find myself". THEN, realized my career choice is fine for now, but wanted to move back to the city I couldn't wait to leave.....to finally be at a place in my life that I am really at peace. I have longed for that for YEARS. I can't even find the words to describe what a long journey this has been.

BUT, this has all gotten me to a place that makes me confident in moving forward w/ motherhood. Totally unconventional, yes, but making the best out of my lot right now. In fact my counselor told me I'll probably go on and have a baby THEN meet the "one" for me. I think she may be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment