I am wondering if the new supplements I am taking are affecting my mood. Seriously. I am very sensitive to my mood and energy especially after suffering from depression in the past. I've taken an anti-depressant for years and it really has helped me live a pretty normal life. Several times over the years I tried to get off of the medication, but only for a short time, and the symptoms always come back, like irritability, feeling like things start to turn downwards, instead of upwards. So, as you can see paying attention to my mood has become second nature to me.
These last few days I have sort of felt a tickle of irritation, and today was full-on irritation. The only thing different in my regime is I've add the liquid Vitamin D, folic acid, and fish oil all per my RE. Initially I thought it was the multi-vitamin and stopped that. I know it sounds totally weird for a vitamin to affect you, but they do for me. But, now that I think over the last few days how I've felt, I think it's one of the other ones.
I may just try taking it at night, not mixed w/ my real medication and see if that helps. If not, I will try stopping each one separately and see if that makes a difference.
I actually had a follow up w/ my psychiatrist today who I've seen ever since moving to the South--so for about 8-9 years. We talked about the depression med and if (when) I become pregnant what do we do. He said that he would recommend coming off of it, and see how that goes. He said 1/3 can stay off, 1/3 go back on during pregnancy but do pretty well for awhile, and 1/3 can't tolerate it. He said he'd like to give no med a shot. That makes me nervous! I have had VERY hellatious (probably not even a word) times over the years when trying to stop, changing medications, trying to find the right dose and or combination. Sometimes those side effects are WAY worse than the depression itself. The thought of going off meds is freaking me out a little. Clearly I will do what's best, but I need to soak on this one for a bit.
OY, I've got a lot to think about. In the meantime, one last tid-bit. SOLD MY HOUSE!! YIPPEE KAY YAY!!!!! They signed the documents and even moved the close date up a week. FAB FAB! I am so happy about that and relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment