Its frustrating to figure out that my app for this blog no longer works. I did an upgrade to my phone and now there are bugs in the app where it just ends and closes right in the middle of whatever I was typing. I researched and it seems there isn't a new one out there and the only way to post is to log in on the website. If I have this incorrect, someone please share. It's certainly not as easy to do it this way on a phone.
Today is Saturday and we had a pretty good day. I'm finding now that the kids are a bit older it is starting to be easier taking both of them out. My girl can actually listen and follow instructions pretty well while my son, well, he's a toddler. I still have to carry a big diaper bag, hold him because he doesn't like holding hands, sometimes screams and sits down if I try. Now I didn't say it was easy--I watch them both like a hawk the entire time.
As we were driving down the road close to lunchtime, my girl pipes up, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"....I say, "I'm not sure, what are you thinking?". She says Jas.ons de,li.
Ha!! She knew what direction we were going.
I don't want to jinx things but I think I'm going to like 4. Great big sigh of relief. We have had so many less tantrums and fussies, and she's acting with me more like how she acts with nanny all the time. I think she's hilarious. Her creativity--the costumes she dresses up in, her way of expressing herself, her quick wit, her loving hugs and I love you's, she has just been delightful to be around. We are having real conversations and I am SO enjoying them. At night after reading she sits in my lap right before bed. It's one of my favorite times of day because there is no tv, it's just us, she's totally relaxed in my lap, and we just talk. And talk again once she's tucked in and I lay next to her.
School has not been very smooth since starting. Not just that she's been sick but we've had a big issue with the two long days. The lunchroom--she's super scared of it.
Communication with the teacher has been pretty hit and miss--she didn't use my correct email for several weeks even after telling her to fix, and not super impressed with how the lunchroom shook out. We discovered there was an issue when nanny a few weeks ago was going to take out her lunch bag and my girl didn't want her to. Come to find out she barely ate anything. We also got a note in her backpack that said maybe she should change to a different afternoon class one of her morning teacher leads 'so she isn't so upset'. Ummm huh? Why would you send that home in a note? Why was she upset? (This was before we knew about lunchroom).
So called school after the note, director agreed to look in on her and let's see how goes for following week, my girl started verbalizing lunch was scary and loud. After the backpack incident I asked her what made her so upset? Why didn't she want nanny to see her lunch bag? I said it was ok to be scared, tell a teacher. Then she asks me if I ever was scared at lunch? I said oh yes, but I kept trying (good story). She also just kept saying she missed me.
I then asked director if she could at least sit with morning teacher at lunch to help her adjust. They agreed to that but sure enough this past week for some reason she wasn't in the lunchroom (no prior communication) Then on one of the mornings she was so sad during drop off, was clinging to nanny, and ran after her when she left the room. She didn't even do that in her 3 year old class.
I said enough this past Friday. She's only 4. I don't want this scary lunchroom to make her not enjoy school and want to go. I knew that was absolutely the right decision when I talked with my girl about it and asked her if she would like to only do short days? She said no lunchroom? And when I said no she got this super-wide smile, her shoulders relaxed, she just looked so relieved.
So next week we start just mon-thurs mornings only. Fine by me.
I also hope they do a better job of communicating. Sheesh. It's so strange how different our experience is this year than last. This teacher is very different--not super engaging.
Along with that we had a birthday, I had a tenant move out and leave a bit of damage so now have to line up contractors, and my boss asked me what I thought of Alaska. There's an opportunity there he wanted to know if I was interested in discussing--and tell him by Monday. What?! That was a big curve ball....and a tiny part of me got excited and another big part said--I'm tired. Tired of moving, tired of starting over, tired of building my brand all over again. I'm a single mom to a 2 and 4 year old. I have a lot of responsibility. Most likely won't put my name in hat. Guess I should be happy they even asked.
No comments:
Post a Comment