About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Pre-K 4

We are officially back in school! My girl started last Tuesday. Her schedule is mon and thurs 8:45-11:45. Then tue and wed 8:45-2:30. Her two afternoon specials are books and cooks where they read books and make recipes and the other is gardening. They already planted pumpkin seeds!
It's been a relief how much easier it's been heading to school now that we had the 'first time' back in January. She didn't have any tears and neither did I the first two days. She was comfortable with the school, knew the basic routine, and seemed happy to be back.  She says often she loves school--I'm thankful for that. Also, I was so proud that I was prepared ahead of time and ordered one of the signs for going back to school. It was really cute but ended up reflecting sun so I had to take a pic separately to be able to read it. Best intentions. Sigh.

I drove her to school the first two days along with nanny and brother. I had only planned on driving the first day but that night she looks up at me in bed and says, "mama you're going to take me tomorrow too, right?". Of course I couldn't say no to that face.

On the first day we ran into one of the mothers I chit-chatted with on 'meet the teacher day'.  I looked down and said, "oh did you have your baby?" She looked at me kind of funny and said yes, two years ago. Then it clicked, I mistook her for another mom I had met in my girl's old 3 year classroom. Uh woops! I apologized but at least she knew the other mom I was talking about.

On the first day as we were walking to her classroom a boy was screaming in the hall not wanting to go in. Like really screaming. As we walked by my girl covered her ears and it made her a bit nervous, rightfully so. They should have taken him out and tried again. 
Once we got to her room she put her things in the cubby while the teacher's helper told us how things were supposed to go each morning. I was sweating, of course. I gave her a big kiss and hug and she walked in the room. She looked a little apprehensive so the helper told her she could play in the kitchen area. And off she went to sit next to another girl.
And that was that!

We weren't totally tear free. She was in school all but ONE day and got a scratchy throat Wednesday night. Thursday I almost kept her home because she sounded bad with coughing but she really wanted to go, so we let her. But, since not feeling well she was so emotional. After she hugged me to go she just couldn't hold it in and burst out crying that she was going to miss me. Real tears. Oh it made my heart hurt and tears to my eyes to see her so sad. I hugged her good and told her it would be okay. I was left in my own tears that day.

Then she was still sick this past weekend: fevers, coughing, sore throat, runny nose, so today when she woke up with fever so I kept her home. Meanwhile my son got a version of it starting last thurs or so and I picked up a fiery scratchy throat last night.

Welcome back to school.

Funny story: the two were in the bath the other night and I saw two small bruises on my girl's  legs. I asked her where she got them? She says, "I don't know. It just happens when you get old. I'm four." Rolling laughter on that one.

My son is starting to make more sounds, yay!! He's saying cack cack for what does a duck say? Meeeee for what a kitty says. We got the approval to continue therapy so will get that scheduled. We also had his hearing checked just to make sure nothing was coming across muffled, etc. 
Hearing is just fine. The dr said she sees a lot of speech delay kids, boys, my sons age. Speaking of age, he will be 2 next month! He's all into climbing. EVERYTHING. Chairs, the sink, tub, the counters....whatever he can get to. I have to close the doors in the rooms we are playing otherwise I can pretty much bet I'll chase him into the kitchen where he's attempting to scoot the chair to get on the counter. 
At the hearing test dr.

As for me, I'm doing okay. I decided to go back to my old dr who doesn't take insurance anymore (boo) because I saw him for about 10 years before I moved. I really respect this dr.  If I look back my anxiety was fine during pregnancy, big dip after birth of my son (also in combination with trying restricted diet), then I went on generic for about a year because insurance changed. The generic didn't seem that bad, but that's what is so tricky about anxiety--my worries feel so normal.  For example, I would worry excessively about taking work trips, driving while away, etc. I just chalked it up to...well, I have kids, I worry more, etc. but then realized wait, I'm worrying a lot more. Long story short went back to brand a few months ago (had to talk her into it) and I saw some improvement but I haven't been too sold on this dr.  So decided to just pay out of pocket and see my ten year dr. He wants to try different dose and see. 
I know I've talked about this some on here, but not a lot. I share mostly about the kids, etc. so even typing this out  makes me feel vulnerable in a wierd way. Agh, if I decide to later I'll just erase it.

My sister is coming for my sons birthday, she did not make it for my girls. Too many people staying at house, she said. So, before she booked her flight I told her I'll have one person staying this time. Her response? she immediately said she's not coming. Then said maybe she didn't want to come. This is the kind of thing that over time makes me think she is just unreliable. you say you want to come, then come. Shouldn't matter who's here because it's for my son! One step forward two steps back.

Good news work is going fine, I'm also working on some house projects like solar screens (long story here) and other things I need handyman to help. He should be coming this weekend.

Hope we all start feeling better and my girl can go back to school tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment