About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Good Morning

Our nanny had to go to the Dr. office at 7:45am this morning so she wasn't going to be here for morning routine. She normally gets here at 7:00am. As soon as I realized this last night I had a moment.  For those of you who do this on a daily basis, you may be thinking, what's the big deal, right? I commend those who take their child/children to daycare everyday and get them dressed, pack their snack, brush teeth, comb hair, hassle them to get their shoes, get breakfast, get backpacks, get buckled in car, etc.  I am beyond thankful I have a nanny to come to our house in the morning. Especially after the one we had today.

My girl was up shortly after 7 and comes stomping in my room. She wanted to change some of her clothes. I told her she'd have to wait, which of course started the 'humph', arms folded, waaaah....over and over.  Then I started to hear my son waking up. As soon as I get up I have a nosebleed. I think because of all the fans in the house. Anyway, I try to take care of that, she's fussing.....he's fussing.  I think I get it to stop and go get my son out of bed and put him on the changing table. My nose starts to bleed again....Have you ever tried to change a diaper, while looking at the ceiling, and your child is kicking?
I had to reach over and get a wet-wipe for my nose, try to stop it again, meanwhile it's getting on my shirt anyway, he's crying, she's in the doorway fussing/crying.
It was a comedy show.

I was out of practice with getting my girl's schoolbag ready I had to ask HER to help me....hey babe, you need a snack? Yes.  Hey, what am I forgetting?  My waterbottle mom. Okay, what else? My folder needs to be in my bag....okay, check.
We finally get breakfast made and I happen to look at the clock. It took me so long to get them all ready that I only had about 15-20 minutes to get myself ready.

Good news we made it to school in plenty of time. I had to hold super tight to my son's hand because he wanted nothing to do with mama holding it.  He almost just sat down a few times while we were walking into school--silent protest.  Tuesday is chapel day so I got to take both of them in and participate in the service (it's like 15 minutes). I enjoyed it, however, my son was pretty squirly.  My girl was saying she was sad and was going to miss me. Sigh.

After the service she joined her class and off she went. I took (dragged) my son to outside where our nanny came to pick him up. Then I was off to work!!

To say it was a full morning would be accurate.  Tomorrow morning I will go back to lie down when nanny gets here and just say.....aaaaaahhhhh.  Between 7-8am is the only time during the work week when I am not either working or taking care of my children. I know some don't even get that break, but for me, it's my time to just exhale fully and let someone else be in charge.

1 comment:

  1. One of the few advantages to working at home is not having a rushed morning routine with kids. This all changes next summer when B starts kindergarten and we all have t be out of the house by 7:30 AM. To say I'm dreading it is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete