Man.....Just when I thought we were moving forward in this whole FET process, SNAP. not so much.
So, this past Monday I had gone to the Dr. where they discovered my estrogen was elevated. They do not move forward w/ the es.trace part if this is not normal. So the Dr. figured I would have a cycle and that would be that. They told me to call them thurs/fri to update.
Well.....no cycle. And mind you, I am taking the dexa.meth.asone and baby aspirin and lu.pron every night...it's been almost 2 weeks now and it makes me tired and bloated and not feeling full hardly at all no matter how much I eat.
Anyway, they asked me to come back in today for updated estrogen test and to do an ultrasound to see what's going on. Guess what? 2 more cysts! Jeepers creepers, really?
So thus far in this IVF #2--
First round medication okay, but ultimately the trigger shot didn't work = no eggs.
Next month=cysts, benched
Next round medication okay, trigger shot worked = 10 eggs, 5 embryos
Wait until next cycle to get started on FET process
FET process started (a long one at that w/ daily injections and medication) = estrogen elevated, wait a few more days, calendar delayed (had a scratch biopsy in here as well)
after a few more days = more cysts.
I've been working on this since August/Sept of last year. Who would have thought that I would be here in beginning of january still not complete.
The nurse thought the Dr. could do the cyst aspiration in the office, but after consulting w/ him, he wanted to do it under general anesthesia......again! So this will be my FOURTH time w/ anesthesia--twice for first retrieval, then once for second retrieval, and now again for these cysts.....really?
I just feel like it has been a long haul compared to the first IVF where I had my baby. We did the protocol, got eggs, got embryos, fresh transfer, walah!!!
I'm just worried that my body is crapping out on me or something. This may be more normal and my first go round was great......or, this really is just a harder time around for whatever reason and I just had bad luck that the trigger shot didn't work. I just wasn't prepared for the ongoing, endless process this FET seems to be.
The Dr. is going to do the aspiration tomorrow and we retest estrogen on Monday. Should know more then.
And let's not forget I start my new job Jan 27th. Oh boy. I will also need to find someone to take care of baby for 2 days of bedrest....clearly my one friend I mentioned before isn't the one I need me around me right now.
Frankly, just done injecting myself.
I hope tomorrow goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel any better, my dad is against me having a second...though he is also very aware of the fact that the decision isn't his to make.