The title of this post means vomit x 2. That would be me. Yes, this past Sunday night I ended up getting baby's virus and throwing up at 9pm and 11pm (why I remember the times I have no idea), and major stomach/intestinal issues all day Mon into Tues and finally feeling better today. It was simply miserable. So, my much anticipated start date never happened! I had to call my boss Monday morning and let her know I wasn't moving. She was so amazing and supportive I couldn't have asked for more, but geez.
Since I haven't dealt w/ much sickness with baby, I haven't dealt w/ me getting sick and having to take care of a toddler who is still not feeling great and has had back-covering diarrhea for several days. I have never counted the minutes so much as to when she would take a nap, then go to bed. I was just miserable. I felt bad that all I could do was lay there and when she brought a book read it to her. But she wasn't feeling great either so she had a lot of downtime herself....she sat in my lap a lot and wasn't her usual self. In addition the weather was horrendous so her school was closed tue and wed anyway.
Monday was one of the hardest days I've had as a parent trying to take care of my still sick baby while totally sick myself. A major blessing was that I am staying at a friend's house since the apartment still isn't move-in ready yet. I've been able to commiserate and share some of the load. Although not on Monday since I wasn't the only one to catch the virus...my friend did too! the same night.....ugh...just nasty.
Suffice it to say the transition here has just plain sucked. I did spend a few days thinking how I could/should just say forget it and go back home. I would burn major bridges at my new/old company and burn some friendships as well....but my house is still there and I am sure I can find a job--in fact several head hunters have called since I moved over here (poor timing!). And, my gut has been screaming at me that it's not settled or at peace. I've done my best to logically calm my inner voice, and got a lot of advice from friends to just stay put, stay calm, and just give it a try.
So.....
I am going to give the transition to daycare a little while longer....I know it won't happen overnight and I appreciated the comments from last post. I wasn't prepared for how hard it would be on both of us, but I've learned. I will say though, that over time if we don't get into a groove and she doesn't seem to be happy, nanny it is.
I'm also planning to drive back home because I have my transfer this Friday. I started the proges.terone in oil shots and I forgot how much they hurt :( Since my house is empty I haven't figured out where I am going to stay...I think I will stay thurs night at my house on air mattress, then after transfer Friday check into hotel for a few days since I have no TV or internet, then drive back over here Sunday afternoon. I'm stressing about which hotel to stay in....why, I'm not sure. I just can't seem to book one and be done w/ it. I thought about staying w/ a couple friends but two of them are out of town this weekend and the others have full houses. I'll figure it out.
On a separate note, her 4 teeth are still coming in......lots and lots of fussies today.
Just a lot going on, for sure......sickness, tears, stress......on the bright side I am excited (and nervous/yes) about the transfer, but it is finally here. It's been a long haul on this one.
Hope all goes well with the transfer!!!! Fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDelete