That's right...my baby girl is going to take her first flight tomorrow. We are heading to my uncle's house in the midwest. She has officially turned 4 months old this past Tuesday, 16 weeks, but with some months having extra days, it's kind of weird to say that she is 4 months old--she was born in August...so you'd think in December she'd be 4 months.
I am actually pretty stressed about tomorrow. I have gone over in my mind the game plan, what I am going to bring, have started a suitcase pile for me and baby already. This is a MAJOR deal for anyone who knows me. I normally pack the day of, and get to the airport as the doors are closing. I've always been a last minute kind of person and I just can't do that now. I've decided to park at the more expensive airport rather than shuttle. This is my one splurge to make things less stressful and hectic. We also have a lot of stuff to bring: the car seat/car seat base/stroller/boppy (yes, am taking it)/backpack/ suitcase/and purse. I'd rather just organize and walk to gate. I did research to see what are best things to do i.e. take stroller or not, wear baby or not....and I'm going to just try this and see how goes.
My biggest concern is I've never held her on my lap for 3 hours straight, especially in such a small seat....sure she's slept in her cradle that long, but her cradle isn't on an airplane with engine noise and people. It is also a tiny little plane, so we will be totally crammed in there. And I am tall. So sitting on an airplane even w/out a baby is a bit scrunchy. She has also been a bit fussy these days....she is not napping well at all....and the problem w/ that is she cries when she is tired. See where I am going w/ this? It is also cold up there....she is used to the temperature being 70 degrees (heck, me too). So to go where inside is probably 60 degrees will be an adjustment. I am bringing a beautiful sweater/coat my friend's grandma gave her, as well as a few hats/tights/long sleeved onsies to wear.
I can say, though, that she will be dressed so super cute. I got these tights below and can't WAIT to put them on her!!!!!!
Wish us luck. I just hope she is so interested in everything around her that she won't cry...that, or she sleeps the whole time. I can dream......
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
How did it go? I hope you had an easy flight and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete