So Wed afternoon headed over there and the Dr. did the ultrasound--baby looks great--but mama not so much. She said I need to be admitted. She was worried about blot clot again given my history, current symptoms, and the testing I need couldn't be done in their offices.
The hospital is adjacent to the Dr.'s office so I just walked myself over there and got admitted. For next few days we did a lot of testing to rule out blood clot. I'll spare you the details of the hospital stay...it was fine. But, I was pretty isolated and it was somewhat lonely. I thought I was going to go home Wed night, but the Dr. decided on more testing. Then thought I'd go home Thurs night....again more testing. I didn't call anyone to come visit, assuming I was heading home both nights. Anyway, was there until late Friday afternoon.
| My View |
If any of you have been admitted, hospitals are not very restful places. Once I got home yesterday I laid on sofa and fell asleep w/in minutes...then slept all last night. I laid in my bed today until 1:30pm. Rest, yes I can do that. After awhile it is not much fun, but if it will help me feel better and cope w/ the symptoms, I'll do that.
This certainly has been physically tough on me. Emotionally too, I suppose. I thought a lot of my mom during these last several days. Her support that she would have given. I even imagined her walking through the door of my room, sitting next to me, and putting a comforting hand on mind. Stroking my hair back telling me it was going to be okay. In a way that only my mom could do--because I would believe her. Really brought me to tears. It is right now, actually. Of course I was afraid of what they might find, worried it would impact the baby....taking a big sigh of relief when they put the stomach heartbeat monitor on and her heart is beating away. I have to say my baby has been a trooper. She is continuing to show her presence and kicks away at the monitor (doesn't like it much), and certainly didn't like the loud noises of the MRI--she let me know that by doing many punches/kicks/somersaults during the procedure.
I know I am in good hands w/ my Dr. and the hospital I have chosen. It helps, but doesn't erase the roller coaster ride this has been for me. Never could I have predicted how difficult this would be. I keep telling myself that the harder things are to come by, the more you learn and appreciate later on.
Thank God for the people in my life who love me and support me.
I'm so glad that everything is ok, but you're right, the hospital is a horrible place to try to rest. Your writing about your mom made *me* cry - I imagine she's there with you, even if you can't see her.
ReplyDeleteThis will all be worth it once your little girl is born, but I hate that it has to be so tough now.