Well, I think I might have found the problem....I stopped taking the fabb tabs and I have not had a "low-low" since then. I have actually felt pretty good (except up until last two days, but that was more physical). I feel like i should have trusted myself earlier because I thought they were a problem the first time I took them. I could have possibly saved me some tough days....Live and learn.
I am now in my 22nd week....wow. Inching closer to 30, then 38 then baby time! My stomach is definitely harder in my lower stomach--and it is catching up to my upper stomach stick out. But, I notice because it's me. I still think if some friends saw me that hadn' t for awhile, they might just think I got fatter in my midsection--still no noticeable OMG there's something in there. I am starting to be grateful (now that I know baby measured perfectly last check up), because I'd rather be this way than the opposite! I honestly started worrying my baby was too little because I ran into someone who was just two weeks ahead of me--waaay bigger in the belly. But Dr. assured me everyone carries differently.
Still having headache every now and then, digestion issues, fatigue that comes on stronger every now and then, short of breath sometimes, bloating, very thirsty, stretching pains in lower abdomen, acne.....this gig is not a joke. It is physically tough...at least for me it is. Can't say I was prepared for it.
What is wonderful? Feeling her move. It's still not very strong, but I notice it after I eat food, especially something sweet--must be sugar. She punches, turns about...it feels stronger than muscle twitches, but not quite a jab.
The question everyone asks me about is, "Do I have any names picked out?". I have some circling in my mind, but I think I won't announce until I see her and probably keep it quiet until then. My sister was not too happy about that plan. In fact, she told me doing that was stupid. I told her when she has her own kids she can do things how she wants to. I later told her it really bothered me--her reaction. It seemed like the judgemental sister came back for a brief instant. I told her it would have been much better if she put a filter on and said that it hurt her feelings that I didn't share this w/ her. She did agree and said would be more sensitive in the future. Time will tell. She sometimes has problems w/ the filter.
Work is going okay. I did talk to my boss about my flexible schedule--I wanted to open the door in case he had any issues, had gotten complaints, etc.. He has not and basically went the opposite direction and said if I need more flexibility or whatever, he'd be open to that. He really has been extremely supportive. In fact, he has intentionally not put a lot of pressure my way to make sure I feel okay. There is a piece of me that feels guilty, though.....because I know what I am capable of, I know how I've produced in the past. The truth is I have a hard time pushing myself, as I've always been externally motivated by deadlines. And it's even harder now to be motivated because I am so absorbed in this baby growing process.
I just tell myself "do the best I can"....my priority is my health, physical and mental, and the health of the baby. It will have to just work itself out.
Other things I've been thinking about is still finding a place to live, getting registered for baby, get into a class at the hospital, thinking about new car...I have a two door and it will be ridiculous if I don't upgrade to a four door, especially w/ my back problems...just need energy to focus on that.
I'm just wishing for me to continue feeling better and that baby keeps on growing like she should.
No comments:
Post a Comment