About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a difference

Last week at this time I was having my most productive day in MONTHS. I went to the gym, went to the grocery store, started my dishes, wiped off surfaces, AND cooked a meal. 
And today......I haven't left the apartment.  Got up around 11:30am.  Then took a nap. So ridiculous. I don't need this much rest. However, I will say my short of breath is starting to get more and more. I shaved my legs and by the time I was done you'd have thought I ran a few miles.

I have made some progress on my "list to do". A coworker and I went to go start my baby registry. It's not quite ready and done, but we made progress.  I must say I got totally overwhelmed in the store. The very first aisle we went down, she started asking a few questions.....and I just started tearing up. I just realized how much I don' tknow about taking care of a baby. So many things you need, so many gadgets and stuff. And sticker shock to boot.  But, I collected myself, got it together and we finished.  There were some things I wanted to research more like carseats. So amazing how they've marketed a product w/ so many choices. To the point you just don't know where to turn.  For example, you can have an infant car seat that can carry up to 22lbs, 30lbs, 32lbs, or 35lbs.  Of course the 35lb-er seat is much heavier than the 22 lb-er seat. BUT, you can carry the baby longer in it.  So, which do you choose? I haven't quite landed that yet. And not only that, once you decide on infant seat, what kind of stroller do you want?  Do you want a travel system...or do you want a snap and go that just holds the infant carrier and the child doesn't "grow into it".  If you go the snap and go it is MUCH lighter and more convenient than a travel system, BUT, once the child doesn't fit in the infant seat, you are done and need another stroller anyway.
Starting to see what I mean?  And for someone who does not like making decisions and gets overwhelmed shopping in general....this is tough.

I really want to say, "back in my day" things weren't fancy and we survived.  Do I really need to get caught up in all of this?

On physical front, feeling not bad.  Still can't see baby, but she is in there moving around a lot. Mostly at night.  The digestion/burping/heartburn, etc. has been terrible.  I went w/ a friend of mine to an Italian restaurant yesterday. Bad move. Oh wow, when Tums doesn't help you know it's bad. I was up 6 times last night.  Staying away from that.  I weighed myself yesterday and still +8.  I know I am losing muscle weight, which isn't great...but I am happy I'm not blowing up.  I think my metabolism is higher than usual because I still eat regularly.  Still have acne, and the shortness of breath is the most troublesome.  I get winded climbing my 3 flights of stairs. I sometimes get winded just taking a shower.  I think because I can't really get a good, deep breath. I know the bigger she gets the more it will be.
Emotionally doing okay. Again, thankful I've stopped the tabbs. I feel much more even.

Next check up in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment