About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday

Well, I've traveled a bit over last few weeks. One for work and one to visit family. Figured I better get these trips in now.

Things have been progressing fine w/ baby. I'm almost 21 weeks and I have my next check up this upcoming Friday. I also think I felt her move. Of course, since I didn't know what to expect, I think I've been feeling it for a little while now. At first I thought it was just muscle twitch, unsettled stomach (NOT gas bubbles as people tend to say). But, I've been noticing them more and finally put two and two together.  It's so slight that it's hard to catch. I notice it more after I eat/drink.  I laid on my bed today totally flat (which is hard to do w/ a bad back) to see if I could see anything on the outside. Not yet.  Interestingly, I stepped on the scale and it seems I've lost some. So, my total weight gain is +6 lbs.  I think the biggest swing in numbers is water weight. I bloat up fairly easily AND I drink so much water a day (probably almost 100 oz)--imagine retaining that much water!?. But, this weekend I haven't eaten a ton and laid around a bit. These two activities get my kidneys working well and flushing out a lot of fluid.  So really? Not sure how much "true" weight I've gained. Still no real bump. I can still wear all regular clothes, although some friends of mine went w/ me to get some more pants. One pair for work just wasn't cutting it. I just bought a bigger size non-maternity. They are working just fine.

I am still looking for a place to live. I've decided buying probably isn't best for me now, so I'll rent. I've decided that due to my budget what I'll probably do is rent a smaller place and leave most of my things in storage where they already are.  The combination of those two is still less than a bigger place where my stuff can be delivered. I honestly don't want to go through all those boxes now and I haven't used/needed anything in them for a year.  The only sentimental thing in there is all of my photo albums.
But where to rent and what?  I've narrowed down my options to staying in this complex in a 2 bedroom instead of one on the first floor (it really is decent living here) OR, rent a smaller house. (which would be less expensive than here believe it or not).  The only thing is they don't have a two bedroom first floor opening until July!! And I'm not sure how I feel about people above me. I've done it before and it can be annoying for sure.  I've been scouring the real estate leasing site and have stumbled upon a few houses. But good catches move quick.
I can't believe I've been in this apartment over a year now. 

It's good that I have friends. They are keeping me on track about the planning "stuff" for baby that I don't do well. One friend called the other day and said have I moved? No. Have I started childbirth classes? No. Have I registered for baby stuff? No. Have I started preparing a nursery? No.  Do I have support lined up after baby? No.  I'm 5 months along and probably a little behind.  Another work friend insisted I put a date in two weeks on our calendars so she can go baby register w/ me. She has 3 kids and knows a lot about what I do/don't need. I have no clue.

My emotional state has had its ups and downs, but I decided to do an experiment and stop taking my Fabb Tabs--folic acid plus a few other things in them.  I noticed when I first started taking them in my first few weeks of pregnancy I got a bit of an emotional reaction and stopped taking them.  Instead, I took over the counter for awhile at 400mcg.  But, when I said that to my Dr. she said not enough, I need at least 1,000 mcg a day.  So, back to the fabb tab about 4 weeks ago.  And as you know I've had some pretty low lows over last several weeks. SO--I stopped them a few days ago and found an over the counter at 1,000mcg and going to try that.  Will see....but initially things seem to be better.  I'm willing to try.

Things just keep moving along....

No comments:

Post a Comment