About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Smile

No matter what phase we are in the middle of, there are ALWAYS things that happen that make either  my heart swell or I find myself laughing out loud—even if it’s all by myself.

Today was a beautiful day—to make up for the rainy day yesterday that cancelled our home owners association park snow day which no one communicated was cancelled and the neighborhood showed up to, including us. Anyway today started out with the most glorious gift: I can’t believe it my son slept until 7:10!!!!!! It has to have been many weeks since the last time this happened.And here’s the even more amazing part: he took a nap for me yesterday too for the first time in a looong time!! You know what I think? He hit a wall and was just as exhausted as I was. 
What’s so cute, though, is in the middle of all the sleep issues his language/words are expanding. When he came in my room this morning he got up on the bed, gave me a big ole hug, then said....’mom. I have a question’. I don’t remember what he asked me but he told me all about diving in the pool where trees were at the bottom.
Some other funnies:
Today we took another family bike ride to sand park. I was worried because it’s a bit far but both of them pleaded to go on their own bikes so we did. At the park he was on one side of the teeter totter and no one would come to the other so he looks around and says.... ‘um a wittle help heyah pease!’ Haha! A lot of what he says has ‘yah’ on the end. ‘Why-yah?’this is what I hear at least 50 times a day. Even if I explain it, at the end he says , ‘why-yah?. Finally I say ‘because I said so’ and that seems to do the trick.
Last night he decided to use the potty before bed—something were trying to get back into. Well after I put him on he looks at me and says,”mom. I need privacy’. What?! Oh em gee I laughed out loud on that one. I said sure son, I’ll wait out here—with a huge smile on my face.
The other thing he does lately is he is now being verbally dramatic. If he has to give something to his sister for a turn, or has to put something down, etc he says, ‘Now I’ll NEVAH get my purple cah back!’ Or whatever it was he had. There’s this park we drive by that he still hasn’t forgotten some kids were not nice so whenever we go by he says, ‘ we’re Nevah going dah! Kids push me!’ I don’t recall him getting pushed—I think they threw mulch, but whatever....apparently we’re never going there.  ‘Now I’ll nevah get my book back’....with a big sigh, arms folded.
Inside I’m secretly smiling because it is just too darn cute.

The other thing that my girl does lately is knock-knock jokes. She makes up some seriously silly ones that don’t make sense, but hey...she has fun. This one yesterday, though, takes the cake...
My girl: ‘knock-knock’
Me: ‘who’s there?’
My girl: ‘mom’
Me: ‘mom who?’
My girl: ‘how did I get such a good mom!’
Awwwwwww, I soooo needed that yesterday after my son was up most of the night and up for the day at 5:30am. Maybe that’s why he napped for me.

On the bike ride home today my son says, ‘dis is da best bike ride evah!’
I’m so enjoying how they are loving our bike rides as much as I am.

And I’m not sure I can believe this one....as I’m sitting here in the recliner I do believe my son has fallen asleep and NOT gotten out of his bed 5+ times.
Now that’s worth a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment