About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year 2018!

Shout out to myself!—I just figured out how to upload pictures on this blog from my phone again! I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. I used to have to email pics from phone to laptop, save them, then upload them here—now I can skip all that again.  Technology isn’t my thing, I know, but a friend told me about a go.ogle app that backs up your pics/videos and that might have been key. In any event it worked this time and all I can say is wahoo!

Some Holiday photos:
We saw two Santa’s this year so mom could get a picture she liked.

We had a pretty good holiday. My sisters visit was overall pretty good and thankfully no one had major flu, etc. My son actually Wanted to unwrap presents this year so it was so exciting to see them both throwing the paper. We went to my girls school’s church for Christmas Eve candlelight service and my son actually sat on my lap for 10 minutes at one point so we could actually exhale—for a few minutes anyway. They got a lot of presents to play with—keyboard was a big hit as was the scooter.
It was nice to have a true break from work and just focus on family, it’s a nice feeling when all the shopping is done, all is wrapped, and you can just be.

I reread some posts from last year at this time to see what I wanted to do or any goals for last year—one was to focus on my health. Not sure I did well w that because I said I’d like to join a gym which I didn’t do. I did focus on an eating program, but didn’t like it so ended that. It’s my follow through that suffers in this arena. It’s clear I need a plan if I want to make changes because just rolling along won’t work. However, I’m not big into making resolutions (for any area really) and have typically been a go with the flow type of person when it comes to not planning much out for the year. I hesitate to write solid goals because then maybe I’d have to do something! Really thought, it gives me some good reflection on well, I’m in similar place now as I was a year ago. So what now?

What’s also nice about blogging is to read and reflect on what was going on in our lives—and after reading back through I realized how much my job limbo was taking up brain space. I spent a LOT of time trying to decide what I should do, second guessing, talking w friends, making scenarios, etc. In the middle of it I knew I thought about it, but i didn’t realize just HOW much. It was on my brain since I knew things were going to change in Dec of 2016.  I had a couple of opportunities to think about in Midwest (none seemed right), I interviewed for and finally accepted an internal transfer in June-ish (same city) then agonized over whether I should actually take it or not. That got so bad that shortly after the hurricane I told old boss I couldn’t go—needed more time.
In the end I did start the job working remotely (which hasn’t been easy) but that wasn’t until October.  Almost a full year of that background stress. I also think I had mucho anxiety and some fears which exacerbated the issue and probably made it more complicated for me.
Glad that’s over!! So far it’s ‘fine’. That’s best word to use because right now I’m not in love but I’m not miserable. Now that’s not to say I won’t still think about changing companies or what to do ‘next’, but I’ve got time.

Last year through now with the kids I look back on 2017 as a good one. I feel like their ages and growing a bit older has made things easier ie much less physically exhausting. I felt like I was coming out of the newborn/toddler baby phase and just having more nights than less where they slept better. That right there will do wonders. It started to become easier to take them places and I started having energy to do so. We spent a whole week just us during spring break and it was great! They get their own snacks now—I can send my girl to see what her brother is up to. They can actually help put their laundry in the basket and put folded clothes away in their rooms, etc. just having that bit of help with things and being able to talk/reason with them is great. I also love being able to have conversations too.

Looking forward to 2018. Maybe this is the year I’ll get pictures on my walls, curtains, garage organized, boxes out of my room, new furniture...ok, one thing at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts but not good about commenting. Hope you and the kids have a great year.

    ReplyDelete