(Well my sons grunts) that make my heart well up. My girl told me all about school and planting and all the things on a 3 1/2 year olds mind. Bummer I missed muffins with mom at preschool but our nanny went with my son and they all enjoyed it.
That's not to say I didn't take full advantage of the break. After work I went back to the hotel and just sat there. Didn't do anything. It. Was. Great. I actually watched wheel for the first time in a year I think. To not have to bathe or feed or change diapers or have anyone need anything--big exhale.
Overall it was interesting because I didn't come home as rested as I thought I would feel. Think mostly because I was not on vacation!! I was up at the crack of dawn and drove many hours and miles over the week. However I did notice my patience tank was filled up!! Even though my girl had a grouchy day on Saturday we still had a decent day.
Interrupted sleep has been my nemesis for a long time now. During my trip I still woke up during the night BUT when I can just turn over and fall back to sleep vs haul myself out of bed it makes a big difference in my state of mind and feeling of being rested.
I know it's a constant state of being with mothers of young children but just getting that several day break was helpful.
When I got home this past Friday--around 6ish I went to sit on the floor and my son ran over to me arms outstretched and gave me a big ole open mouth slobbery kiss on the cheek. Just melted my heart. Such a sweet sweet boy. The teeth he's been fussing over STILL haven't come through--next to the bottom 4 front. He's been chewing on everything and drooling like mad.
I took him to his 18 mo visit and the peds said she recommends taking him to get evaluated for speech. He doesn't really talk--just grunts and points. He does understand what you say if I tell him to go get a book or we are going outside, but he hasn't built on his words. He did say mama awhile ago but doesn't repeat. He also says Bom-Bom at the end out singing but not always on command. That's it. Think I will take him, though.
For my girl ( well me too) I wasn't sure how it was going to go because week before last we were all vomiting and my girl had the worst sickness ever--vomit every 30 min for 12 hours.
It took until about Friday for her to want to get off the couch and do anything for any length of time. Poor baby tried a few times the day before and thought better of it as soon as she got off the couch.
Seems she is much better from vomiting episode but slept terribly Friday night--night I got back ( up every few hours) and now has a head cold. Stuffy nose and complains of throat hurting.
Crap.
A bit of good news my sons arm seems to have healed. For awhile there he was still very protective of it and it was still hurting him to fall. But over last few weeks he started crawling on it and that made me feel much relief. He's now hitting with it again so I'd say it's fine 😀
No comments:
Post a Comment