About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

3 days

It was only three days from my last post when things just fell apart in our house. Again.
Sunday night my boy was in his highchair eating his eggs when he started coughing. I thought maybe he got food stuck but then he looked at me kind of strangely and bleh--out comes all his food. I wasn't sure if he had choked or what but he seemed fine shortly thereafter.
The next morning our nanny had just gotten him out of his crib and asked what was in his hair--huh? It looked like flakes. I quickly go in his room to see splotches of vomit. Poor baby had gotten sick during the night.
It made sense though because he had slept 3 hours for his naps sat and sun which was very unusual for him.

My girl went to school while I took half a day vacation so I could meet the rodent guy. Apparently our pest control saw there is or was a raccoon or possum living in our attic. Good news--not recent and I'll just have to fix some entry points they could get in.
However after my girl got home from school she didn't look so good. I was showing her a bunch of craft things I got her and she just walked away toward the bathroom. Next thing I know she starts vomiting. Again and again and again.
My poor poor baby vomited every half an hour for the next TWELVE hours--noon to midnight. Where it took an even worse turn was around 4pm. 
I started feeling queasy and sweaty but said maybe just as a reaction to all the sickness.
6pm Picture this--my daughter is laying on a rug in front of the toilet with her head on a pillow with a blanket. I was starting to get my son ready for bath when all of a sudden I just knew. I started swallowing, sweating...and had to crawl over my child who just vomited to go and vomit myself. I just said sorry baby it's mommys turn to get sick.
All while my son is screaming in the background because he can't be in the toilet room too.

It was nuts. And it didn't stop there. I got sick probably 3 more times and she didn't stop til midnight. I also had the unfortunate experience of having diarrhea as well all night. I didn't know which way to head into the bathroom.
And my son woke up several times--I remember at 1 and 3. At 3 I was so sick and exhausted I just fed him a bottle and prayed that would do the trick.
My girl woke up about every hour until 6 am when she vomited again-- then all I could do was wait for nanny to get here at 7am. My girl on one end of the couch and I was on the other.

My girl got sick a few more times yesterday but I did not. We were both in recovery mode late yesterday and today.
I know my muscles hurt from being sick like that and I can't imagine how my baby's feels considering she got sick over 20 times. Gut-wrenching, violent throwing up. When I had my hand on her back her whole little body just heaved. Oh this poor kid.

I don't even know what to say about this whole episode. I think I'm still recovering.
In terms of asking for help--I did ask the nanny on Monday after I started getting sick if she would consider an overnight. Sent her a text but didn't hear back. Not surprised because her daughter had come home early from school sick as well.

That's about as long as my list is. I just don't have anyone for emergencies like this. The only people I know are neighbors and coworkers. And let's just say our neighborhood isn't super neighborly. I have to think through what to do in the future because frankly I can't always do it all. This was an awful reminder.

I will always say things can be worse.
They can.
But, this.....this was a tough one.

I'm supposed to go out of town on Sunday for a work trip so hopefully I can pull it together.

Just when I was starting to think through my next post hey! Things are looking up we are all getting better.....oy vey.



2 comments:

  1. So awful! I'm so sorry. We've had endless stomach flus here all winter but thankfully never all at once! I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely horrendous. Hope that's the last of the sickness in your house for a long time!

    ReplyDelete