About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, January 18, 2016

The big day is almost here

I'm a mess. My girl is starting preschool tomorrow and here I sit with tears in my eyes. I can't believe how much emotion is coming out of me for school!
I'm wondering if our terrible experience trying daycare when she was 18mo old is clouding the situation now. That experience was nothing short of torturous. She would scream after me and my heart was breaking in pieces. I left sobbing myself several days. I have a lot of worry and anxiety about her being overwhelmed, scared, and sad mommys not there. Here I go again fresh tears in my eyes. 
We did go visit on Friday the 8th and got to see her classroom--kids were off since it was a Friday--and meet her teacher. My girl was in a mood that day and everything wasn't fair and she wanted to go to the playground and couldn't. She wasn't listening or following instructions. Cue the cringing inside hoping the director wasn't judging me.
However, they couldn't have been any nicer and the admission lady was sweet as could be--very warm and positive. It reinforced my decision about going there--even though it's expensive.

I did go to the other preschool just to put our name on the list for fall--so we have an option if this one doesn't work. The other is cheaper but I don't have high hopes of getting schedule we'd like. And sometimes the saying is true you get what you pay for.

For now, we chose m-th it goes 845-1145. That is considered the full curriculum. In the fall I will add a few afternoons so she will go until 230.

I'm having a much harder time than she is, I'm sure. When I talk about school some days she says great! Some days she says she doesn't want to go. 

The teacher sent an email Sunday night and it really was nice-she gave me some tips for tomorrow and sent a selfie pic of her and the assistant to show my girl. She also took a pic of the schedule and sent it. She reassured me that it will be fine and my girl will do great.
Was such a nice, personal note.
I felt better after reading.

So, here goes to the start of our school  days!!





No comments:

Post a Comment