About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Things

It's kind of funny how I'm not a pack rat by any shape stretch or form, but grew up with a mom the complete opposite. She liked her "stuff". Stacks of this, piles of that--but if you wanted to know where anything was she could tell you. I can still hear her yelling out from the other room-it's on the shelf behind the papers on the top of the stack--and by golly it would be there. I wasn't very good at finding things, though, and she'd always sigh and say-use your eyeballs!
The only exception to my clutter-free house (besides toys) is old clothes and a few things. For me, I hang on to them because of the memories. As an example I have a ton of volleyball tshirts throughout the years and whenever I drag one out I remember where I was that year, what was going on. Most of them have years printed on them.
Baby clothes. Can't even consider giving them away, least not yet. All of my girls clothes are washed and folded neatly in a purple bin. Noone's using them, someone less fortunate could really benefit because there is a ton--most of them were presents--so a small fortune in adorable clothes just sits there. My son's haven't even made it in a bin yet. They are stacked in his closet. Just the other day I went in there and just loved seeing the teeny zipped jammies, I held them in front of my face and realized how big my boy is now--brought a warmness and smile to me.
Things tied to my mom.  We have this pillow that has been shuffled around with our toys for ages. It's small, doesn't get played with, but it's remained in our toy box for as long as I can remember. My mom used to use the pillow when in the car back and forth between hospital/Drs visits.  A few months back my girl was holding the pillow and said-is this from grandma? I kind of got chills--my girl just saying grandma out of the blue and how in the world would she know that?  Then I thought back further and I may have told her that awhile ago that it was her grandmas and she just remembered.
Tonight this pillow was in the play area and she said:
Baby girl: is this grandpas?
Me: you mean grandmas?
Baby girl: yes.
Me: it is.
Baby girl: where is she?
Me: you mean grandma? She's in heaven baby.
Baby girl: we should go and see her.

Oh that made my heart ache. Brought tears to my eyes and I'm crying now just typing it out. 

So, some things may be sad, or wildly funny, or just.....whatever emotion comes from seeing it. Songs bring back memories for people but for me it's clothes and a few things.

That is why I keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment