About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Young Mind

I am regularly amazed at what runs through my girl's mind...

BABYGIRL: You go work?
ME: Yes
BABYGIRL: What you do at work?
ME: I work on the computer and talk to people.
BABYGIRL: I like people.
ME: Me too.

What 2 3/4 year old wonders what their mama does at work? Maybe this is normal but it just took me by surprise that she's thinking about this and can articulate it.

BABYGIRL: I got teef. You got teef?
ME: Yes, I have big ones.
BABYGIRL: Where come from?
ME: Where do your teeth come from?
BABYGIRL: Yes.
ME: They grow from your gums.
BABYGIRL: Ok.

Again, this kid wonders about so many things and asks so many questions. She still asks a lot of why? why? and I still try to answer her.

I have to report...I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF.  We were having such stressful times during bath. Just crying and screaming and whining and splashing and just UGH!.  So, I decided after reading a bit more about SWC, strong willed children.....I tried to incorporate some tips I learned...like giving choices frequently. Much more to write on this topic, but these kids need to feel like their voice is important. So, I started asking her....okay, it's time to get your hair wet, do you want to get it wet on this side of the tub, or that one? Believe it or not, it works (mostly)! She picks a side and then doesn't throw a fit when we need to get her hair wet.  The other thing I've done is I tell her she can earn a treat for after bath....and if she has no fussies, tantrums, listens to mama, etc.. she can have whatever she chooses.  Now, I've had to modify this because I tell her she can "earn" her treat. Well, if she does have a fussy or no listening I had to figure a way to let her do that, but still keep her on track. So, I figured out a plan that is....her treat is 3. 3 scoops, 3 pieces of candy, 3 whatever.  I then take one scoop away if she misbehaves. It's hilarious because she caught onto this really quickly....shortly after starting this new thing this week, if she misbehaves she looks right at me and says, "how many?" i.e. how many do I have left.  Isn't that great?! I haven't had to take 3 of anything away and she's taken to this really well. Part of me worries about using treats as a way to help her behave better during bath, but honestly our bath time is so much more pleasant and we even had FUN last night....we both laughed at the funny noises she was making when I rubbed my hand over her face when I cleaning it....it really was so nice. So, I'm sticking w/it for now.


We are getting ready to move next weekend. I was scheduled to move today, but I just couldn't see making it happen. There are so many things needing to be done at the house and frankly, I just wasn't ready.

So much to do still.

And I can't write w/out mentioning my son.....this big boy can SIT UP BY HIMSELF! now. Oh my little guy. My squishy mushy lovey guy....I went into his room this morning after he started to fuss and I usually just feel around because we have black out shades in there. I started to touch the mattress, then found him, and my hand kept moving up, and up, and up.....he was sitting up that turkey!  Next item on the list....move the crib mattress down. His nanny today found him holding on to the side rails and she got so nervous and said I needed move it down tonight. Can't find the little tool to take bed apart, so will have to do that tomorrow.
Don't get me started on our 'new' pediatrician's office. He is 9 months old so I called to get his 9 month check up. They said they could book us for September. Uh, what?? It's July. By Sept he'd be 11 months old.  She said this is their busy season and they book 4-6 weeks out. How in the heck was I supposed to know that. So, I tried to negotiate w/ her that I was new, etc. and she wouldn't budge. So I asked to speak to a nurse. Nurse said he's not due vaccinations so we could wait...earliest she could find was now August 31st. Seriously. What good does a 9 month appointment do when he's almost a year old!!
We will be finding a new pediatrician's office asap...I can't see staying with a group that is this inflexible. But, I still need to try again to get him in there for this appointment because it takes so long as a new patient to get 'established' elsewhere. Who knew it would be like this....in the suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment