I've been stalling for awhile mostly because my girl really didn't take to it. She wasn't sure if she liked it...I just looked at our video from then and it was too cute....she did some shakes and shudders and it took awhile before she ate that way.
Not my boy.....I put the cereal in his mouth....he moved it around a little, swallowed....looked like he was deep in thought like "Hmmmm....what is this....do I like....um, yes....like...give me more". He actually opened his mouth for more after a couple of spoonfuls, I could hardly believe it. The nurse said they have to learn how to eat since sucking from a bottle is quite different, never thought of it that way. Looks like this kid learns quick. I asked the babysitter to feed him also so I could take some pics too.
| Feed me. |
The logical side of me can say that I am sure there is a lot going on in the background for her. She's super tired and it took awhile for her to feel better. It wasn't until just today she ate somewhat normally and that's been 7 solid days. I gave her the benefit of the doubt the last few days because I just wasn't sure if her tantrums were due to still not feeling well, but it's just continued.
The emotional side of me just feels exhausted and spent....let's face it, it wasn't fun this past week. Not at all. A friend sent me an email link to someone's blog who wrote about being a parent and how it can be amazing, wonderful....and in the next moment can turn you into a woman on the edge of insanity. Or something to that effect. I felt better after reading it because she articulated things in a way that just made so much sense. And I felt normal again.
All I can hope is that things get better w/ more food and better sleep. I haven't even mentioned that my son also decided this past week to go back to waking every 3-4 hours and wanting to get up at the crack of dawn. Good timing, eh?
So I really want to leave on a positive note: we had an impromptu photo session on the couch today.
| Uh Mom...I think she's got my ear! |
No comments:
Post a Comment