I have only a few weeks left and mama is looking forward to when it's time to deliver. This pregnancy has been more physically demanding i.e. my tummy is bigger, I have a toddler to chase.
Good news is every Dr. appointment has been positive with growth and my vitals all on track. The few struggles I have are minimal in the grand scheme......heartburn (which over the counter med has worked) and the stabbing pain I get regularly when walking. It is worse at work after I have been sitting for extended period and try and get up. Ouch. My tummy has itched more too but I have been putting cream on it for a few weeks and that helps. My Dr. recommended a belly band to help w/ the pain but I just haven't gotten one. I keep thinking, well, only a few weeks left.
After this Friday my Dr. wants me to start going weekly. That's fine w/ me.
| My Big Boy |
I got pretty excited the other day when I started going through all of the shower gifts from work.....it just sort of set in that he's coming. He's really coming!
I wonder if it's a thought I will have for awhile about the fact that I really am a mom. My daughter is two now and sometimes when I watch her I have to remind myself that she is mine, it is all real, I have a daughter. Sounds strange to type out because of course she's here and soon to have a brother. But, I can't sometimes help but need pinching. Not sure if other's feel this way who have gone through I.V.F or are mothers on their own, but at times it still feels surreal.
For several weeks I've been talking to baby girl about being a big sister and mama having a baby. A cartoon she watches had a few episodes where the mama tiger was going to have a new baby too. She Loves the episode because it shows a real life family going get a baby at the hospital.
Some supercute things she's done after talking about it and watching are:
--when we watch show w/ her on my lap she pats my tummy and says "baby in tummy".
--she sees the real baby on T.V. show and I ask her, "Should we bring one home like that to our house?" She says OH YEAH!
--the other day she was getting off my lap and said "my baby hurts"....aka her tummy.
--randomly she will say, "Baby....cwyin. Waaaaaaaah".
I am not sure how much she really gets because it still is an abstract thought. Can't see the baby, what does it really mean? I am just hopeful some of it is sinking in....especially the part about her being a big helper. She likes to be involved in everything so I just hope it extends to her new brother.
There's been ups and downs w/ her lately......an UP is she's been going potty more and more on the potty chair (the one you just put on the toilet). She knows when she's wet, poops, etc. and asks to be changed. So, the babysitters started just putting her on the potty and wouldn't you know, she sometimes goes peepee!!! She gets massive praise and we keep going by sometimes asking her if she needs to go, and sometimes she even says "potty" herself and runs toward bathroom. Sometime she goes and sometimes not but I'm not stressed about it. She's showing interest and we'll keep going at this speed.
A Downer is that her behavior last week or so took a nose dive. She hasn't been napping well and she's had a few major scrreaming meltdowns....usually the result of being tired. But everything you tell her to do, she says no, etc.. She even ripped off wallpaper on the walls. Dumped glasses of water just because. I am hoping it's just more of the phase.......last weekend was the hardest she's been in awhile. I think she whined from the minute she opened her eyes, wouldn't nap, cried about everything, said no to everything.......oh boy was she exhausting.
Seems to be a bit better this week so hopefully we keep it going. Think that's what's been hard is the unpredictability. Some weeks much better than others. This may all be normal but when you think back you realize--wow that was tough!
Other than having to deal w/ a few things happening w/ my rental in my other city (A/C broke and water pipe broke), I've really just focused on preparing for baby boy. I talked to my sister today and I kept telling her that she can come whenever, but she still hadn't booked. So, we are preparing for her to come when my scheduled c-sec is (assuming I don't go into labor ahead of time). If I do, then she just visits after the baby, but if I don't, she'll be here for it all. That would be nice since she wasn't there when baby girl was born. I've got the plans down for---if there is emergency how do I get to hospital and who takes care of baby girl. I'm thankful all is in place.
Now up to baby boy on his arrival.

No comments:
Post a Comment