About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Dew-Bup

Well, we've had another round of sickness in the house. My poor baby girl got some bug this past Wednesday night and we were up for 4 hours while she on/off threw up. She was just miserable. Of course no one likes to be sick but when you can't really explain how you feel or what's going on I'm sure it's even worse.  I told her that she 'threw up' and it's okay and mama would help her, etc..and she then started saying 'I dew-bup'. Yes honey, you sure did.  She seemed to get a little better the next day and seemed okay on Friday, but then Saturday after she got up in the morning and I was rocking her w/ the milk I noticed she wasn't drinking much......then once she stood up she was touching her throat, started crying, then all of a sudden....bllaaaaaaah all over living room floor. Right into the tub we went where she had round 2. Poor thing.  I get soooo worried about her when she is sick. My stress level rises instantly and it's just plain 'ole mama bear worry. I want to make it better but just have to tell her I know she doesn't feel good. She seemed better Sunday but hardly ate today.....so hard to figure out if she's not well, just isn't hungry, or what.

I do want to share a neat 'moment' we had.  On Sunday we were just playing in her room and building with blocks.  We started to make a tall tower and she wanted to make it go as high as she possibly could--even with standing up. So once we did and it was towering over us I took my finger and poked at it a little bit.......said oh, woah, oh.....and gigging a bit as it leaned back and forth.  She looked at me mischievously and stuck out her little finger started poking it just like I did. She looked at me and I looked at her and we both started giggling--together. It was just such a fun, pure moment.

Baby Boy--Physically for me it's getting harder and harder. Doesn't help that it's August in the south. I went to Dr. this past Friday and she was very pleased with everything. Blood pressure, weight, blood sugars, protein, all looked good. I told her about the 'stabbing' pain when walking and pointed to an area that is very tender on my stomach. She said both are very normal and suggested a belly band.  Baby boy already weights 4.5 lbs!! and I'm at 32 weeks. He's just gonna hang out and get fatter....cue more pain.  I am pretty darn tired after the weekend and Mondays are the hardest day for me.
I talked to my Dr. about planning for delivery, emergency, etc......well, we talked last time but I wanted to make sure again that she was leaning towards c-sec and she is.  She said she would stay open and we would make a decision based on the medical facts at the time and see where we land. I am not opposed to c-sec, however I just worry about recovery w/ already having my girl at home. Can't lift her, etc..and my wound opened up last time and I had to pack it from the inside out until it healed up. I would need more help for longer period but will just plan for whatever comes.  She said they don't do elective c-sec until 39 weeks (if I make it that long), but if my intuition is correct I think he will come earlier, just like my girl.  I would prefer to be awake at this one (they had to do general anesthesia last time), so I am hopeful for that. No other birthplan other than cooking this baby as long as I can and having a good delivery/healthy baby. Honestly had I had a birthplan other than 'go w/ the flow' last time I would have been devastated because it turned out to be pretty complicated. I need to draft up birth story.

Still working on the nursery. I had ordered a crib and matching dresser online (never ordered furniture online before) and the process was pretty easy/simple. However, the dresser staining didn't quite match the crib and it was just so 'red'.....was supposed to be just chestnut, which shows in the pics as a brown, but that's not what arrived at my door.  So, good news is free shipping so will return the dresser.  My neighbor has a dresser I am going to look at tomorrow that can maybe be painted...that would be super cute. It doesn't have to be all matchy/matchy. My only real desire is I would like the room to be done before baby boy.  Still no name. I play around w/ 2-3 that I like and spend the day calling him that in my head. Still not sure.

Hanging in there day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment