Yesterday had to be the best day I've had in 5 months......
I woke up w/ baby--she still wakes up around 7-7:30. It was my day off, but the babysitter was still coming to get her. Our usual routine is once she wakes up I change her diaper and give her half a bottle. Then we go to the living room and she snuggles on my lap while we watch s.h.reck--her recent obession. She kept turning around and giving me kisses and hugs repeatedly, which she normally doesn't do. Then she would proudly say 'kiss!'. While we rocked I chatted w/ the babysitter.
I have to say this last week has been really really rough because she's been off for about 7 days--on/off fever, diarrhea, not eating much, not sleeping well, cranky, whiny. Thought she might be teething but then it moved to her sinuses and congestion. She's got a small cough now so think we are through it. Did take her to Dr. and they just said to watch her and keep hydrated.
Anyway, yesterday was the first day she wasn't sooooo whiny and it was a nice change.
And the best part about it, when we were sitting and rocking I actually just felt better. There was a small feeling I haven't felt in a long time.......it resembled energy! Like I actually wanted to DO something yesterday. I didn't realize how tough the fatigue has been until it lifted some. Wow, what a difference.
So babysitter left w/ baby around 8:30am....I just sat in the rocker.......by myself. Quiet. It was just nice. I had new baby Dr. appointment to get ready for.
This was a great visit at the Dr. office--they needed to complete the anatomy scan from before and everything checked out great. Also, my blood pressure was below 120/80, my weight has not gone up at all, and the baby weighs now about a pound and a half. The student ultrasound tech asked me how far along I was and I said 5 months.....she said wow, you look really good. Oh that's nice to hear. I was on the table for an hour or so, though for the whole scan. The Dr. said she's very pleased w/ how everything is going.
Then I went and caught some friends who hadn't eaten lunch yet, so went to nice little mexican restaurant. Afterwards I went to a home store.....I had made the decision to just buy a new washer/dryer. I am in a rental house that doesn't have one, so I bought a pair from my colleague. Well, it is a front loader washer and unfortunately it's got the musty smell I just can't get rid of, plus I can't even use the dryer becasuse it is electric and the house is gas. The previous people had left a dryer that I did have a plumber come hook up, BUT it leaks gas into the dryer and you can smell it when you open it up in your clothes.
Smelly washer. Smelly dryer. NO WAY.
Not an expense I wanted to spend, but for something I use every single day, it will be worth it. I got the same model I had back in my old house which I loved. They were in stock, on sale, I had a 10% off coupon, they could deliver today. This was the quickest 'big buy' I've ever made.
Then quickly went through grocery store to buy some of the organic items I use like milk, strawberries, etc. and got home w/ enough time that I was able to 'decompress' before baby sitter brought her back.
My baby actually ATE dinner for the first time in a week, and I then got to relax because a friend was over and said she would do bath routine. Um, great!
Overall a great day yesterday. Mostly because I just felt better than I have in a while, my baby boy is growing nicely and kicking more, my baby girl is starting to feel better, and I took care of something looming over my head--washer dryer.
Here is the picture I was going to post the other day.........love these curls.......
This was from Easter where she was trying to open the egg. She learned quick there was candy and fun stuff in them.
Her new thing she asks for now is 'kitty'........aka.....candy.
Mama treats her every now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment