I didn't want to stress about invitations, venue, supplies, etc. so early on I had made up my mind we would have it my house, have a cake/balloons/hats, and get pizza for adults. My sister had come for 5 days (which was super nice), and I got a babysitter for the Friday before her Saturday party so my sister and I could do all the running around. First time we got to do just 'adult' stuff by ourselves in a year and it was really nice.
One thing I did stress about was her birthday dress....I ordered 2 online and they came the day before her party. One was ripped and the other was not cute in person. So, my sister and I went to the store shopping. We found a super cute dress at a department store, but when we got home and tried it on, it was too big. So, it just so happens that I texted my friend a pic of the dress and she said I should open her gift that day (hint-hint) --the day before her birthday. And wouldn't you know she had sent the most adorable pink birthday outfit and hat....oh this hat. It says "Baby's 1st Birthday".
Check it out....so cute.
For the party, I invited those friends of mine that see us regularly. We had a fancy bakery cake, dol.lar t.r.ee hats, plates, party favors, balloons--all for 14 bucks!Guest came, we chatted and ordered pizza.....then we did presents, then cake, then chatted some more. I was thankful my sister helped get me set up because she talked me into party favors....just little boxes that we put some chocolate and peanut butter candies. They were so cute and perfect.
All together it was about 2 hours.....
And.....just exactly how I hoped it would be.
One of my favorite pictures taken on her actual birthday.....

No comments:
Post a Comment