About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

This would be funny if......

It wasn't all true!

Let's back up....last weekend we went to my nanny's daughter's communion and had a good time. However, this past Tuesday baby girl started coughing, runny nose, etc.. She got a really bad cold--and unfortunately Thursday morning my throat got scratchy and I figured oh boy, here it comes. Well, Friday was pretty miserable w/ stuffy nose, etc. so after baby girl went to bed I did too.  Saturday, yesterday, we went to a farmer's market in the morning despite both of us not feeling well. Wanted to just get out of the house.  Then that afternoon we both napped on and off.
Another key fact is baby girl has not had a poopy diaper since last weekend. Yes, I fed her some pieces of raisin bread, etc. and while she wanted it and ate it, clearly her system was not ready for it.  (mama feels terrible about this).

Brings us to today--we are both still sick.  I woke up still feeling crappy...I think I have an ear infection too...ears have really been stuffy, feel achy, nose still running, coughing, chest is tight....good ole fashioned bad cold. Baby girl is also still sick w/ a runny nose and coughing/sneezing.

After she woke up this morning around 7am...as soon as I picked her up I felt something in her diaper--felt like a brick.  Well I changed her and she had 'nuggets' of poop. There was one that was so big, I can't even imagine how she passed it!  I was relieved to see, though, because I was starting to worry it had been a whole week already.

I put her in her cradle and gave her a bottle.  After we both napped around 8:30am, she woke up and I smelled something. She had more 'nuggets', so changed her again.

I still wasn't feeling well so we played inside--well, she played, and I laid on the floor.  Then, I put her down for another nap at 11:00am since she was pretty tired still.  About an hour later she woke up and guess what.....you guessed it....a THIRD poopy diaper w/ MORE 'nuggets'!  Poor baby.

By now it is later afternoon and I'm trying desperately to find things to entertain her so I can somehow rest between all of this. Jumpy thing, spatula, toys on the floor...and I look over at my cat....his stomach is starting to lurch, his tongue is hanging out.....and VOMIT all over my carpet. I chase him off my light colored carpet and he vomits about 3 more times in the other room.

I go to clean that up the bazillion piles of vomit, then go back to baby.....I pick her up and I smell something.....again!  A FOURTH POOPY DIAPER!  This time....no nice, neat little nuggets......it went all....the way...up.....her back! I couldn't believe it.  I tried to get her out of her jammies and poop is just everywhere.  All over her jammies, all over her.  I quickly say to heck w/ it I need to rinse her off and have the bright idea to put her in the bathroom sink since it needed to be quick.

Well, she was sooo slippery that I lost grip of her and she bonked her head on the faucet--starts crying.  She now has a nice mark on her forehead and cheek.

THEN I go to clean up the poopy mess in her room....take all the laundry into the laundry room......

And the cat had pooped and stunk up the entire laundry room.

So to recap for everyone....mama is sick....baby still sick and pooped once, twice, three, and four times, cat vomits, baby bonks her head, and cat poops too.

Seriously.

At this point all I can do is just throw my hands up....say uncle. Even though I feel like crap I gather up baby girl and we go to the pet store. I was sweating and probably looked crazed, but she at least was entertained by the people and things in the store.

Got the catfood that I think will help w/ the vomiting, head home....do bath, bottle, bed.

Whew.

What a stinkin' tough day. Pun intended.

Here's what we did Saturday night to help w/ poor baby's constipation....yummy.....prunes.  I put a few spoonfuls onto her tray and let her have at it.  Why not.
I'd say the prunes worked.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! What a rough day! (How is it that cats always know exactly where to throw up to do the most damage?)

    Prunes and pears are the only things that work for my boy with constipation. We had lots of long spells of constipation when we first introduced food. I think it's pretty normal, and not necessarily a sign that she wasn't ready for the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. Relieves some of the guilt about thinking I fed her something that made her this miserable!

      Delete