About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Tough

I am starting to wonder if there is something going on here....I am flat out exhausted.  More fatigued, than anything.  It's not like I am yawning tired....I am body doesn't want to move, tired.  No matter how much rest I seem to get, I can't seem to get on top of it.  Like right now I am molded to this recliner, and simply don't want to move. Happy to surf the internet for hours--or just stare at the tv. And yesterday was actually pretty good for rest because baby and I took 3 separate naps--1 hr, 2 hrs, then 30 minutes.
Here's the thing.....I did my work from home today instead of Wednesday because of how brutally tired I was this morning.  I logged into my work computer and rested until 11am (nanny got here at 7:30), then drove to realtors to sign my amended house contract, went to a drop in day care--which I'll mention next--had some lunch, and came home to spend the rest of the day on my bed until 5pm. 
I haven't been sleeping the greatest....for the first time in my life have had some pretty awful/chasing dreams and when I opened my eyes I didn't know if I was awake, or sleeping. For real. I touched my phone....moved my foot....yup awake. Super creepy.

So I just am not sure.  Maybe this is just what being a single mom is like.  It just seems to be harder and infinitely more tiring these last 2 weeks, so I just don't really know.  She isn't even mobile yet...on the verge, for sure. That's when everyone says get ready. Oh boy. 

I just don't know what I should do......is depression creeping in masking as tiredness?  Am I coming down with something?  Should I go to the Dr. and maybe have a panel done or something?  I haven't been seeing counselor...need a new one....maybe i should look into that? Gosh, when would I fit that in...?
Physical...mental....both.....or just single mother?
Any ideas?

About the drop in day care.....I checked it out because nanny can't be here this Friday--that's a separate story I don't have the energy to type out write now--started, then just said forget it.  Even my writing is tired.
Anyway, a friend at work recommended it.  Maybe I don't know what 'center care' looks and feels like because I have a nanny, but i walked in and when I peeked in the baby room I said no way in heck would I bring her there.  There was a baby face-planted in a tub of balls, there was one baby trying to nap in an institutional crib, another just sitting in a bouncy, another sitting on the floor....like 8 babies everywhere and 2 adults in the room 'watching' them all.  I hear that is actually legally okay....but it just felt like a baby could wait a long time before being tended to, and I'm sure the loudest ones get attention.
I just got so anxious thinking about leaving my girl there that I knew for sure I would not bring here there.
Then I asked a friend at work and she seemed to think that it didn't sound that bad....her daughter has been going to daycare since she was itty bitty. She said that there obviously isn't the one on one attention and there will be babies in swings and bouncy seats, etc...I suppose that's true....but why did I have such a harsh reaction?

I don't know....

At least I got out w/ baby at the park on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day here and my punkin' and I got out on the blanket......it was really nice/fun.  No matter how tired I get--for whatever reason....I love this kid w/ all my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment