I tried a few times last week to upload a few different pictures but for some reason the website wasn't working properly. Phooey. So instead of just typing my thoughts I put the computer away. And that's why I haven't posted in awhile.
I've been thinking quite a bit about my work situation--the fact that it is unstable--and have started putting some feelers out w/ my network. I want to go back to the industry I came from most likely this year. I did some digging and I've discovered that I can keep my IVF insurance if I do change employers so I am thrilled--will cost approx 500/month but that's better than full IVF price. I kept thinking that if I left, I would forgo (SP?) that option so felt a little "stuck" because of wanting baby number two. This is great news because even though it will be more money, it still won't be as much as if I didn't have the insurance.
However, that's not the best news......what I am most excited about is the pressure is off!! I am not ready now to try and probably won't want to until Sept-Oct. Until I learned of how I can keep the insurance I was thinking I would have to try asap before I left my current company.
The other thing I recently did was start w.e.ight.wat.ch.ers last Monday--today is day 7. My work has a program that pays for it if you check in w/ the nurse once a month and walk 35,000 steps per week. I'm trying the online version this time and I kind of like it. I thought about attending meetings and it just felt overwhelming trying to figure when I would fit it in w/ the baby. Now, I just track on my phone and it is easy. I'm finding it is not hard to stick w/ it if I cook for myself and stop eating out. That will be a success measure for me, if I can keep cooking on my own.
I also decided I need to get my body moving--which fits into the program--but even more so I just feel better overall. I need to get some of this weight off and proper eating can only take you so far..... I need to build back muscle. So, our gym at work is free and I signed up last week. I am thinking I'll go tomorrow at the end of the day.
I also went to the chiropractor this past Friday--took day off of work and it was wonderful. I haven't been to see him for a long time and my whole body was just 'off'...especially my neck. He fixed me up good and I do feel better. The same day I went to the store to see the two jogging stroller options I considered and I fell in love w/ one of them. And it isn't the one that's spelled the same forwards and backwards. Nope. I really really like the one that can be transitioned into a jogger, regular stroller, behind a bike, and behind skiis (which I clearly don't need in the south). It seems the coolest thing....and yes, it is still super expensive. The store will have a coupon in march, so I will wait until then.
And finally, I had some friends over this past weekend....I am proud of myself. I am an introvert by nature, but my grad school sent an email out asking if anyone in the area would be interested in meeting up w/ a new graduate moving to the city. I actually said yes, I would. Not sure what got into me, but I figured, why not?
We were going to meet at a restaurant on saturday, however, my cat had other plans. He decided to pee on my baby's carseat not once, but TWICE! after I had washed everything after the first time the day before. He is going to the vet this week because either something's wrong w/ him (he has kidney disease), or I don't know what. I was soooo upset that I thought about my options w/ him. But, that's beside the point.
Anyway, since I didn't have a carseat I asked one of my other friends to meet the girl at the restaurant then come over here to eat. Then 3 other friends came and it was just fun. My baby 'performed' by rolling over from front to back and everyone clapped for her. She was eating it up. She really had a good time w/ all of the attention.....
But today was fussy city. Take one where you can, right?
I guess I have been busy. I'll have to update on nanny in another post....time to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment