About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Waiting

I'm sitting here all covered up due to having body aches, head congestion, tight chest, and headache...... waiting for results of my covid test I took yesterday.  I'm thinking it's either that or the flu.  I started feeling symptoms on Christmas Day afternoon, so today is day 5. I did two things that could have gotten me sick 1) my sister came for christmas and 2) we went to the neighbors house (an older couple) for gifts for kids. Dang it. I weighed the risks/pros and cons and thought it would be ok.  Tough lesson. It's also very anxiety provoking not knowing yet.....every little symptom i'm googling. Flu vs covid, etc.. The 'good news' if you can call it that is I don't have loss of taste/smell or cough....but it seems I have everything else. Likely it's the flu, but will see.

We've had a lot of ups/down over the last month since I last wrote. So much so that I haven't had much energy or desire to post.  Let's start back at Thanksgiving. We did go to the hotel and initially it was a great visit.....however at about 2am I hear this piercing screaming and my son comes out of the other room with blood dripping all over his face. I couldn't even tell where it was coming from. After trying to stop it and clean it up, I realized that he knocked out a tooth. Apparently when he was dreaming he somehow smashed his face on the table between the two beds (we think?), and managed to bruise up both sides of his face, gash his nose, and knock out teeth (later to find out it was 2 teeth, but we could only find one). We had just gone to the new dentist that Monday, and were back on Wednesday with an emergency appointment because he also managed to chip his adult tooth that just barely was peeking through his gums. Thankfully the dentist said it's not major and that we will be able to address it when the tooth grows in. He literally looked like he had been in a big fight. This poor kid. He's also left with some scar tissue on his cheek--it feels like a big 'ball' underneath his skin. It was feeling so odd that I took him to the Dr. as well and she said that it's possible he could have fractured his bone, but it wouldn't make sense xraying since there's nothing to do for it, except let it heal.  She said the only thing we can do is massage nightly the big lump to hopefully break it up over time. You can't see it when looking at him, but when he smiles it makes a dent now in his cheek. Sigh.  My son is constantly hurting himself.....he's always got bruises and scrapes of some sort. I felt better when we were at the dentist because she simply said, 'well.....that's a boy for you'. It totally is.....he has no fear and the only gear he is in is fast.

I'm going to have to pick up this post later......just not feeling up to finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment