About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Results

Well, I got my test results last night and I have Covid. I am now a statistic. My stomach fell after opening the email and reading "positive". My anxiety has shot through the roof.  I'm so mad at myself.....I knew there was some risk.....and maybe just fatigue took over. I missed normalcy, I missed being around people, I hadn't seen my sister in a year.  We stayed safe for 10 months. And now.....I've cried a few times today....I still feel awful. It's been since December 25th. How it started for me:

Dec 24: headache only. Didn't pay much attention as I thought maybe it was due to no caffeine.

Dec 25: mid afternoon my lungs got that sort of 'tickle' 'heavy' feeling. I hardly ever get respiratory infections so I noticed immediately. It's almost like I was getting some asthma/allergy thing which I do sometimes. Same day I then started to feel achy and tired.

Dec 26: Laid around most of the day, was feeling very fatigued, no energy, achy

Dec 27: Symptoms continue and added sinus congestion/pressure

Dec 28: Feeling very 'flu-ish' all symptoms continue. Hard time doing anything, nausea, headache, sinus pressure, chest feeling tight, aches. Took test around 10am.

Dec 29: I think low grade fever started because I took a bath with hot water--enough to make my skin pink--because I had chills and I did not sweat one drop. Also felt light headed, a bit dizzy a few times in there. Something 'lifted' in the evening because I felt less achy. Got test results at 9:30pm.

Dec 30: Today I still feel achy, but not as severe, my chest is tight, I have sinus pressure/head ache, no energy. I got a pulse ox to check saturation and thankfully mine ranges 94-97 and hers is 97-98. I will continue to check regularly.  Drinking fluids, trying to eat something--crackers, etc..

I read that between days 5-10 are the most critical because people think they are getting better then major backslide. That's what makes me SO nervous because I'm in that window at Day 6. That, and the breathing. I might not be doing the right thing, but I don't care...I had some left over dexamethasone steriod which I've taken the last 4 days, taken an immune booster, and used my albuterol inhaler to help my lungs.

I pray that we recover from this soon. My daughter has had severe fatigue, no appetite, cough, etc so we are doing a virtual Dr. visit for her this afternoon. I've tried to get an appt w/ my Dr. or anyone in the office but I can't get through on the phone, it's been sooo frustrating. Can't do online either because they are saying everyone is booked out. I don't believe that but not sure what else to do.

Amazingly my son has had no symptoms. I pray he stays that way.

1 comment: