About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, March 14, 2020

This World

Wow.....so much chaos going on right now.  The cor.ona virus all over the news, our schools were just closed all of next week, so many sports cancelled, the stock market continuing to fall, and no toilet paper anywhere.
I will admit that in the past when there was a global pandemic, I might not have paid very close attention.  It was always "out there" and I'll be fine, not to worry.  Right now I'm actually paying attention--and worrying.  I think I've become a complete germophobe.  I'm paying attention to every surface I touch wondering, is it infected? Did someone who touched it before me, were they infected?  For example: the gas pump handle, sitting at a restaurant table, opening the door to the restaurant. The cleaning people came to my house and I wondered if they were bringing in germs from the last house they cleaned.
It seems that things are shutting down everywhere. At my office -a very large corporation-they sent a note out today telling everyone who can to work from home.
It's all a bit frightening.  I am in a state where there are less than 100 cases and no confirmed deaths, but the numbers rise daily. I keep watch to see the new daily totals across the U.S..
Big picture is to keep following what the specialists recommend, hand washing, etc....but then it becomes the tactical, what am I going to do w/ the kids to keep them occupied w/ out school another week? I won't take them to any play places, or really any public place except maybe the grocery store. What if it goes on another week after that?  All the what if's.
I know we will manage, but like I said, I am really paying attention this time.

An another topic of 'this world'.....my sweet, innocent, seven year old daughter was threatened at school on Thursday last week. She came out of school very upset, but didn't tell our nanny until dinner someone was going to hurt her at lunchtime the next day. Apparently the story is: Boy 1 came to her with a note asking if she wanted to be Boy 1's girlfriend or Boy 2's girlfriend.  She wrote maybe on both. Apparently Boy 1 told Boy 2, and Boy 2 got really upset. SO, Boy 1 came back to my daughter and said that Boy 2 said he was going to harm her (I don't even want to type what he actually said, it's beyond terrible) at lunch on Friday. My girl was so upset she told the teacher as well after it happened.
The next morning I emailed the teacher with what my girl said and also called the assistant principal. Apparently the teacher had already forwarded my email and the asst principal was already investigating.  She called me back and confirmed that Boy 1 admitted he did in fact say a terrible thing to my daughter. What she didn't know was whether Boy 2 said it, OR if Boy 1 made it up.
Either way, my daughter didn't know the difference and had to go through an awful experience. I just shake my head and ball up my fists. I can tell you my mama bear came out and I wanted to stomp over to the school and....well, do and say some not nice things.
The school seemed to handle it promptly (which is what I would have expected), the principal said she was involving the 2 boys' parents, discipline would be used, she would quarantine the kids in a separate area during recess, they would both be moved away from her in class, and the principal would talk to my daughter upon returning to school to make sure she understood that school is safe.
Other than moving my girl to another class, I think that's about all they could do.

What in the world is wrong w/ kids these days.....is it their parents? Is the kid messed up? Does he play too many video games?  Clearly I will not know, but I will say I'm just disgusted this happened to my kid.

1 comment:

  1. Yes the world has gone mad! I too am obsessed with cleaning and wondering about the spread. Reg your daughter, I am sorry she had that situation but relieved the school dealt with it promptly. Its shocking what kids so young talk about these days. I think its the environment - family siblings, unsupervised access to TV. My daughter is so protected at home, and innocent but the stuff I hear kids talk about at playgrounds ...good grief. They are 6-7 year olds. Its been truly eye opening.

    ReplyDelete