Ive thought on and off about going back into town instead of the burbs. What stops me from doing it right now is 3 things: our nanny, my job is out here, and schooling in town is questionable at best in that area. It’s revitalizing and ‘turning over’ but it’s not there yet. Although I was so surprised at how many kids I saw when driving around a few weeks ago.
Lots of memories there with my mom, my daughter was brought home from hospital there, riding through the neighborhood on my bike for many years, etc. and the biggest thing—I feel happy there.
So, because prices keep rising I thought why not buy now, rent it out, and who knows...in a few years when I maybe choose to be a stay at home mom then, I would consider moving in again. There is a lot to offer with kids, but less playgrounds and trails within walking distance. That is what I love about where we live now.
Interestingly I didn’t get the house first go round—it was only on market a few days and I was the second offer. They agreed to mine verbally and after we submitted contract they said oops, wait...we got a few more offers so bring best and highest. I didn’t change my offer so they went with another buyer. I got excited, then pretty disappointed.
WELL.....that offer fell through and a few weeks ago they came back to us and asked if we were still interested. Yes I was! So after some negotiation after foundation inspection, closing will be at end of month. Then contractor needs to get in there and do some major wall fixing, painting:updating, then process to rent out. Interest rates on investments have gone up some since I bought my last one, but was so proud of myself for shopping around, have two lenders compete even though I was getting pressure to choose one from both my realtor and one of the lenders...i got what I think is a great rate—5.25%. My other one bought in 2012 or 13( sad I can’t remember) is 4.125%.
Anyway all that to say I am pretty excited even though it will be a lot of work and added stress. It was a big financial decision, but considering I bought and sold 3 times in that neighborhood and did very well....I see that continuing. And that will help me get closer to my financial goals.
Some exciting news: we have a garden now!!!! My girl has been asking since last summer if we can have one and I knew I’d need help from old nanny. Last she was in town they all went to store and found this city dweller kit where it’s an orange box with wheels and drainage. We planted 6 cucumber plants in there and they bought a hanging strawberry plant which has been a big hit with my son. He talks about how long it will take for the berries to turn red every night, then every morning he races outside to see if they are red. When one did turn they both were so excited and came screaming into the house that we had a red berry to pick.
Here it is.....we cut off the dark parts and all had a taste. Now, if I’m honest it was a bit sour, but the process of planting and growing has been so much fun.
They do need watered everyday so either me or nanny take the kids out with their watering cans. I may be enjoying it as much as they are!!
Lately we’ve had some rough days. I’m not sure what it is about being with mom, but both kids have been acting up on the weekends....mostly my son. Last weekend was one for the books. My girl had been asking to make cupcakes (which I have never made w the kids) and I said sure, let’s do it Saturday. Since we had never done it before together it was a big deal. Well, that morning it took us an hour to get out of the house with their shenanigans and first stop was the bank. Neither of them would listen, my son wouldn’t stay on the bench, they were just squirreling around. Well I warned them I needed them to listen. Then I warned that if they continued we wouldn’t go to store to get cupcake stuff. Well it continued until we got to car so I said no cupcakes. The looks on their faces about broke my heart. My son cried all the way home and threw a tantrum and my dayughter cried too. They both went in their rooms and cried more. Oh man I felt so bad because I was looking forward to doing it too. We made the list and everything. But, I did feel like they had to learn time with mom is not a free for all and I mean business—especially in public.
So, after rocking my crying children I said hey guys, let’s have a better day and we can do cupcakes on tomorrow on Sunday. That seemed to feel better to all of us.
I did also apologize for hollering at them in the car and explained that I need them to behave for me. The thing is, in the grand scheme they weren’t terrible ie not yelling at me or anything, but they just wouldn’t listen. It was an exhausting day.
However, Sunday was much much better....here they are enjoying our first time making cupcakes. And yes, both of them have headbands and nail polish.
We are getting ready for kindergarten graduation next week already. I’m sad because this has been such a good year at school for my girl. I went for her conference last week and felt just so...proud. They said she was one of their best learners, loves school, is a good friend, and is very sweet to her teachers. I can’t ask for much more. I’ll admit I cried during conference because it just felt emotional. Like leaving their nest. Although thankfully my son will be going to the school this fall and he will have the same teacher my girl did when she started. Wow already.
We also just went to last chapel yesterday ( they do it on Wednesdays). They have the birthday kids get up on stage and my girl got to be up because she has summer birthday. She’s been so excited about it like it’s her real birthday—she even found a birthday pin for her dress. A dress that seemed too long last summer and now is verging in too short. Oh these kids.
I also cried yesterday at chapel because for the first time I let my son go up on stage too with his sistereven though it’s just for the school kids. They sing this song where they jump up and down and wave their arm. As I was watching both of them, together, just so happy and free...seeing MY babies up there. I just couldn’t stop the tears. I’m such a sap I’m crying now thinking about it. I really believe through all the crazy hard, when these moments happen I’m just so happy it makes me cry. What can I say?!
No comments:
Post a Comment