This is going to be a super short post but I just had to put it out there that my son said his own name for the first time last night!!!!
It was just the most exciting thing.....my girl, son, and I were watching super why after bath and the character says--"Can you say your name?"......and he did it! This tiny little voice.....
My girl and I looked at each other and started screaming and clapping for him. My girl asked if he could say his name again and he did. More clapping.....then she asked if he could say her name.....and he did!! We seriously had the best time with asking him to say words and he simply repeated them all.
I don't why, but I guess I just assumed since he hadn't said his name before that maybe he didn't know it, or connect with it. I should have known better, though, because he knows way more than what he verbalizes.
It was just so cool.....to hear him just outright say it to the tv.........I don't know. It was kind of like the excitement when he just took off walking and we were all screaming and yelling.
These are the coolest moments as a parent and it makes me SO happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment