About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Spring Break

Can I just say we had a really good spring break?! It wasn't just enduring or getting through the days....we really had a ton of fun and enjoyed a bunch of family time. We ended up not traveling and stayed home the whole time. I couldn't bring myself to pack and drive with two small kids.
So we took advantage of local places to go--we went to a bouncy house, painted pottery, went out to eat here and there, read lots of books, vegged out on cartoons--they are into peppa and umi, did some shopping, went to the bike shop, went  on walks to the park....I'm sure I'm forgetting something but as you can see we stayed busy!
What I've never done since I had children--or really as long as I can remember--is take a full week of vacation. I take days here and there but not really long blocks. I like to have several smaller breaks rather than one big one. So, without a babysitter I did it. And you know what? I really liked it.
I think what it allowed me to do was disengage from work better (of course still checked email at night), but it really felt like I was a stay at home mom vs a working mom. 
I didn't think my job affected me that much, but when I was able to take that out of the equation I found parenting much....easier maybe? It really was awesome to just focus on kids, plan meals--I cooked!!, play, bond, etc.

I think I was on a high for about 4 days, sun-wed. Then, I started to get fatigued when I didn't sleep that great, my son got up early, and we didn't get going right away. If I try to 'rest' in the chair in the morning w one eye open it just made me more tired. By Sunday I was pretty tuckered out but a physical tired is way better than emotional/stressed tired. I felt like I really accomplished something.

So overall I'm super glad I took the break and decided to just 'be' with the kids.
Lots of good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment