I almost want to call my title to this post an oxymoron. Merry and molars. Nope not in this house.
My son has two lumps in his lower gums that have caused him to cry and fuss almost nonstop all day yesterday--except when he napped for 3 hours thank you universe for him having that break.
He's nawing his own hands screaming at times. Last night he was up every few hours. Every few hours.
I'm exhausted.
He's just in rough shape--the teething, he's got a rash that won't quit so saw dr and now referred to allergist possibly dairy, a lump on side of head where he conked it on tub spout, and a partridge in a pear tree.
We drove to our old city left wed night at 7 pm assuming they would sleep. It was the only way I could get my mind around driving w 2 babies by myself for hours.
Overall the drive went just fine they slept for the most part--until we hit an accident and everyone put it in park. Set us back an hour or so. So we didn't get here until around 1 am. Kids wound up so we all didn't get to sleep until 2-ish. Son up every few hours then too.
Just a few minutes ago I had to decide between pee on my shirt or some sweat from the day before. I chose sweat.
I brought all of our presents with us but had NO IDEA how much our former babysitter (where we are staying) would buy for the kids. It's over the top and I'm feeling bad that I got her teenage daughter one present--a measly gift card.
Embarrassed to say this but early this morning my old babysitter took my soon to go get some ty.len.ol--Motrin not working one bit--I opened her daughters present and changed out the gift card from 20 to 40. I had no idea she would have all of our stockings filled and presents galore under the tree. Even for my one year old son.
I got my son his first pair of shoes. That's it. No toys--we have too many. No fun things like puffs or anything.
He'll play with the paper and boxes.
Now my girl it's been great (minus a meltdown at bedtime last night where I lost my temper and I felt bad since it was xmas eve--I always apologize to her. She said it makes her upset when I'm upset with her. Aww I know punkin) Aside from that she's been so happy and no fussies and just fun to be around. She's full of excitement about xmas, presents, lights, decorating cookies, seeing everyone here--hasn't seen our other old babysitter and her girls for months. Just so fun--lots of hugs and I love yous.
Not sure what today will bring but we'll make the best of it to have a great time and maybe I can sneak a nap in there😉
No comments:
Post a Comment