Now......onto.........the teeth!!
I got home from work tonight and started feeling around in his mouth (I do this regularly) because I kept wondering when they were going to pop through....and sure enough tonight I felt two little nubbies on his lower gums. I, of course, had to take a picture...at the end of his day. You can see how much he liked it. Can't really even see them but it's the best picture I could get. They are actually towards the back of his gums, closer to his tongue.
| Really, mom?! |
So exciting. He's been drooling like a faucet for months now, so it's about time. I looked back to when my girl got her first teeth and it was about 8 months too!
My big boy has some new tricks....he can roll over from back to front now. But, still gets stuck. He will cry out in his crib (loudly, mind you) when this happens. He screeches and just can't seem to figure out how to roll back over. I hope he learns soon because I turn him back over worried about him sleeping on his belly. The Dr. says it's fine but it's just a fear I have of him not being able to breathe somehow.
He also has a voice. He's starting to communicate all the things he does not like.
Let's see, he's not a fan of:
--being laid down on his changing table
--when his sister takes a toy from his hands
--getting pulled out of the tub when he is done. I put them both in the tub at the same time now and while it is more stressful (he cries almost the entire time he's out until he is dressed and has his night bottle), it still seems easier to do it at the same time. That's the hardest part of the day for him given he doesn't nap the best and is just so stinkin tired.
--when I put him down on the floor to sit and he sees me walk the other direction
How he's grown....here's a comparison of my little guy the day we brought him home from the hospital and now....just look at the those legs.
He is also back to sleeping pretty much through the night. We were on a roll there, but then our previous babysitter came over to stay w/ us last week since our current nanny was out of commission. She said she would get up w/ him and was just used to feeding him when he cried out during the night, so he slipped back into wanting fed more throughout the night. Since she's gone back, I've had to do a few cry it out sessions last couple of nights and think we are better. He went to sleep around 7 last night and didn't cry out until 5:45 am this morning. I fed him and he went back to sleep!! He got up after 7:30am.
Of course I say he is all smiles and so happy, but when my friend who hadn't seen him yet came over this past weekend, he was about as fussy as can be. It was hilarious though, because when she came in his room to see him after I got him out of the crib she just stopped in her tracks. Looked at him, looked at me, looked at him.....somewhat speechless. Well, except for saying...."What?!"....could not believe how much he looked like me. It is true, he's a mama's boy.
A positive in our lives is that our weekend nanny decided she wanted the full time job!! She kept asking me about how the search was going and I told her dismal. I said I had a few more interviews and she said not to make any hasty decisions. No chance there. So, weekend before last she sends me a text and says if I still wanted her, she would like to take it. YIPPEE KAY YAY YAY!!! I think she just needed to be comfortable w/ the decision to change yet again...she has had a rough go w/the last few families and just wanted to move towards something. I knew all along this would be a good fit, but it was important for her to come to that conclusion. She just didn't want to do overnights (will do the shopping), and I said that is far easier to get someone for weekend/overnight than it is for full time. I think what tipped her was we had gone to see the house where we will be moving when the massive renovation is done. She could then picture what it would be like, how close it is her to house, where the parks are, etc..
Now, as with any childcare situation, nothing is perfect. I fully get that. I'm sure there will be situations that come up. She is a bit more firm than I am w/ my girl. But, perhaps I could learn a thing or two. She's been in childcare most of her life. My son just melts into her lap. My girl....well, she's still wary of new people but seems to be in good spirits when I come home during the weekends when they are together
I will just feel so much more at ease knowing a very experienced, mother of grown children, dependable (so far) woman will be caring for them when I am not here. A grandmotherly-type in the warmness, but will still be firm when needed. I've already learned a lot from her. She gave me the courage to start putting my boy down for a nap (in his crib) and let him cry it out a bit to fall asleep. I had not done that ever with him. I don't know why...well, I do. I get anxious when he cries. It makes me want to fix whatever is wrong....and quickly. My other two babysitters were the same, so we all picked him up, rocked him, shushed him, etc..
So in that vein, I never let him cry more than a minute or two. Perhaps he'd be on a better schedule now if I had started earlier, but I was so surprised and proud when it worked! She just looked knowingly at me and said, "see!"...."you can do this". Just having someone support, encourage, and help me learn a new way of doing things was so wonderful.
Time will tell but I am glad she will be with us.
I can't post w/out sharing what my girl is up to....that's her in the store....pooping.
With a blue mouth from a ring pop to boot.

No comments:
Post a Comment