Baby girl is 2 1/2, will be 3 in a few months. So, we are working on potty training again...well, let me just say, working on taking her to the potty when it's convenient for me. I know she is ready. I just don't think I'm ready-- to halt what I am doing wherever we are to get to a potty. The other day after the bath she was running around w/ no clothes and said she had to go potty, took herself in the bathroom, jumped up on the toilet (w/no little seat on top) and proceeded to go potty. All by herself. I followed her in there just in time to see her getting the toilet paper. I was amazed. She did great. I've known for awhile she can do this....when we've been dealing w/ her bladder infections or lack thereof, we've had to have her pee in a cup. Well, when I get her on the potty, she goes on command every time.
AND....dum dum dum......she even went poopy on the potty last night!! First time with me ever!! Last night right before bed she got that look and started to walk away...I asked her if she had to go poopy and did she want to go in the potty. She said YES! pretty enthusiastically, so I said why not?....I got her up on the potty and she tells me to go away. Um, okay...I go just outside the door and hear this little voice...."sittin' on the potty....sittin' on the potty". I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Just singing". Ok.
Next thing I know she says, "mommy"...I go in there and sure enough, she had gone. I made SUCH a big deal out of it and told her how great/amazing/cool that was. Then she said go away. Once again I went around the corner....she says "mommy"....I go in there again and she left more presents.....this scene of back and forth went on for probably 10-15 minutes. She kept saying she had to go.....and she kept going. At one point she said, "squeeeeeze". It was sooo funny.
I've been holding trying full on with her until we move into the new house...I didn't want there to be so many changes all at once w/ the move....but maybe we'll try some more given how well she is doing with it and seems to want to try.
I will admit that my stomach dropped a bit when I thought about her not being in diapers anymore. It was just one of those moments where I went oh wow....my baby is no longer going to be a baby. I'm not going to have my girl in diapers anymore. It's strange because I look forward to her milestones but it seems I want to keep her my baby. I didn't realize I'd have those feelings but in all honestly, this would be the first major transition. She is still in her crib, she still drinks her bottles.
Some funnies:
Tonight we were snuggling together watching shows before bed and I turned to her and said we need to decide when we want to get her out of diapers and into big girl underwear.
I said we could get some for her just like mommy has.
She said, "No, those too big". !!
I was talking w/her the other day and think I asked her to do something and she said no.
I stuck out my lower lip like I was sad.
She said, "Just cry mommy baby, just cry".
Things she's saying now:
Everything is "Just like mine"....If we see books, or toys, or anything really she'll say, "yup yup just like my toolbox", "yup, just like my brother".
We've started the Why phase. As an example....when she went into the bathroom and saw the roll was empty she says to me, "no paper. Why mommy, why no paper?". Tonight I was doing laundry....she was calling for me from her crib so I went in to see what she needed. She asked what I was doing and I said laundry...."why mommy, why you do laundry?". For the most part, I answer her w/ a real answer, not just say because. I want her to learn and know there are reasons for things. Most of the time.
Why mommy why?
She was calling for me from her crib to come here the other night. I stuck my head in the door and asked her what she needed. She looks at me, pokes her little finger out of her crib, points to floor, and says, "No, come over heeeeere".
Just wanted to capture some of the things she says/does right now and it is just a small window into her big personality. She wants to be miss independent but often says "hold me like a baby". I comply anytime she asks.
My son, my boy....my snuggly wuggly squishy boy. I can just squeeze him all day long. He's got the right amount of babyfat to where it is super soft, and oh so fun to hold.
He is 7 months now and has hit several developmental milestones....he's sitting on his own now like a big boy. When on his belly, he's been able to push his chest up w/ his two arms and keep his head lifted up--he doesn't do this much because he doesn't like being on his tummy at all and gets "stuck"--he can't figure out how to move so just stiffens all four limbs and just cries. He's grabbing at things, looking for dropped toys....but I still can't get him to consistently hold his own bottle. I know he can do it. I honestly thinks he likes just laying there to get fed instead of working for it. I suppose I would too. He has been a droolin fool for months now. He has been chewing chewing on his hands, my hands, anything he can get his hands on, his feet..... So much so that I got a few more chew toys that are the best thing.....they are rubber-ish and have 4 prongs and a hole in the animal. It's great because he can grab many places and he won't drop it. And it has nubs, etc so it must just feel good on his gums.
He's been suffering a bit from constipation.....he's been doing a lot of grunting that poor boy...and w/ that plus his teething, his naps have suffered. BUT, I am so proud that I have gotten him to sleep much better at night. He was waking up like a newborn again but he's transitioned back into his crib for all his naps and night time. He goes to bed around 6:45pm and falls asleep maybe around 7:00pm-ish. And he's been waking here and there but able to put himself back to sleep until 6-ish am. That's just great. Now last night was odd because after putting him to bed he got super fussy so I fed him another bottle at 8pm, then he slept totally through until 6 this morning. The thing is, he still needs more sleep. He's not the best napper, but we are trying to get him on a nap schedule to help w/ that. But he continues to catnap or not nap.
But, when this kid is full and not tired, he is just so dang happy. You can't help but smile.
He is the spitting image of me too....I look in his face and see my own. His eyes and nose, for sure. Anyone who sees him or his picture says he's mama's boy, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment