So, when I thought about what all happened in 2014 I think I'll call it the year of change. Ton of it.
--January of last year I had my embryo transfer that created my son.
--We relocated to our new city and I started back working w/ my old company.
--Tried out daycare for a few weeks w/ my girl and it was tough experience for both of us. She was such a baby back then only 18 months old. She was constantly sick while going there w/ stomach bugs, sinus infections, etc.. Missed my first day back due to sickness I got from her.
--Lived w/ my friend for a few weeks while I figured out where we were going to live....ended up in a 2 bedroom apartment from Feb-April because I couldn't find a home to buy. Turned out to be a blessing.
--Struggled for months to find good child care. Interviewed over 10+ people and still didn't find right fight.
--Fought a lot of morning sickness.
--In May we moved again into our current rental home and flew to my niece's graduation in the midwest w/ baby girl.
--June learned about global reorganization and a few weeks before birth found out my job impacted.
--Became a family of three--had baby boy in October and didn't sleep much for 8 weeks.
--Got a new tenant in November for my rental in old city (lots of work went into coordinating this one).
--Stayed home, no travel, for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
--Started my new diet in December (and doing really well).
Whew. So many additional details w/in and in addition to what I wrote but I think that hits the high points--moving, becoming a family of three, and now our future is wide open.
2015--Looking forward.
--Fist and foremost all of us stay healthy. I am on the right track w/ my diet plan (almost 13 lbs so far) and I am so proud of myself for staying the course during holidays and did NOT eat anything off plan...no cookies, no pies, no cake balls (even though I helped make 5 dozen of them). Yay for me.
If we can master this one, the rest is all bonus!
--Along w/ above continue to make my health a priority. Focusing on weight is one, but making time for myself is another. Continue to do the things I like, get massages, read in the bookstore, ride my bike, etc.. I like to recharge by escaping and think I do a pretty good job here.
--Be open to possibilities for future career that may not be what i've always done. I've been thinking more about changing careers. My preference would be to create some stability by going back to what I know....then explore more.
--I've always been one to follow my 'gut' and let my intuition lead. I have thoughts/ feelings that I should return to my old city this year. I would love to get settled in and stay put before my girl starts preschool in the fall of this year at 3. OH M G. On the flip side I might just stay put and not work for awhile.
--I'm going to put it in the universe.....it would be nice for love to find its way to me. Even typing this gives me anxiety but I'm going to stare it in the face and say it anyway.
--There are several other 'givens' that I don't necessarily need to type out like love/enjoy my children. You always hear it...the good ole phrase 'enjoy it, they grow up fast'.
--Oh yeah....I turn 40. Eek!
I am sure if I dug deeper there would be other things that would surface, but the above is all just what popped into my mind. If I think of more I certainly will add.
Can't write a post talking about the future w/out including a picture of my loves......my family.
| Picture for our 2014 Christmas ornament |
No comments:
Post a Comment