With all of the 'phases' and 'pre-terrible two' behavior we've been dealing w/ for the last few months, here's a snapshot into what I walked into today......
Day after the 4th, lots of whining this morning so I said forget it, let's get in the babypool at our house. Okay, no issues there, had fun, she enjoys just getting in/out/in/out, etc..
We went out to lunch today and got home in time to get ready for nap......we read a story and I put her in her room. It was pretty quiet in there so I was almost hopeful that she went down easily. I kept hearing some noise but thought it was just the cat.
Sure enough, as I settle down and get comfy, I hear.....MAMA........MAMA.
I walk into her room and she had....POOP Smeared ev-ery-where. and I mean everywhere. you could smell it before I even got in her room. I looked at her and it was on her face, her hair, fingers....on the crib rails--all four sides, the wall, chunks on the mattress sheet and on the floor.
I honestly just couldn't believe it. I whisked her out of the bed and put her in the tub asap. Washed her everywhere.
Then, the task of cleaning her bed, etc.. Throughout all of this I didn't yell, I didn't say much because I was grossed out and irritated to say the least. I got out the ly.sol. and pi.ne.sol. and I started scrubbing everywhere--she had walked out of the room somewhere and soon was right behind me.
I said no, mama needs to clean this up.
Then I turned around to look and she had a washcloth in her hand--either she had gone to the bathroom to get one or there was one in her room already.
Either way, at least her heart was in the right place.
Oh yeah, been there! Right up there with the top three grossest moments of my entire life!!!
ReplyDeleteOh. my.
ReplyDeleteThis never happened with Finn. And now I'm afraid. Very afraid.
We haven't been there yet, but I fear the day!
ReplyDelete