About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hangin' in there

So my symptoms have remained pretty much the same....the biggest one is the nausea.  It is different this go-round because it is pretty much constant, from the moment I get up.  I feel like I have a low-grade flu.  I even have bouts daily of feeling cold/chills regularly. I take a bath almost every night after I put baby to bed and that feels so good. I have done my research to see what I can do naturally, and just today made some changes. I am taking my prenatal vitamins and extra folic acid at night, and I am eating small amounts regularly throughout the day. I also bought some plain ole crackers to have around as well.  Not sure any of that did too much today, but I'm managing.

I am pretty proud of myself that even though I don't feel great, I have been ensuring that I get out w/ baby when I have her all day i..e not at work.  There is a park not too far from here that is fenced in and has toddler-sized equipment. It was kind of funny, well probably not for the little girl, but I witnessed helicopter-parenting at it's best when we were there.  This little girl was 20+ months her mom said, but she couldn't turn, climb, move, or do anything w/out her mom either freaking out, redirecting her, distracting her w/ juice, the phone, or even music. I couldn't believe it. We were at the park! I just couldn't understand why she couldn't just step back and let her PLAY.  All of the gadgets and distractions.....it even stressed me out just watching them!  The way I am w/ baby is not quite the opposite, but pretty close. I am a pretty calm mom....I want her to explore, I want her to learn that sometimes if you climb too high you might have to turn around because you don't know how to get down, that sort of thing. I always come to the rescue if she asks for me or I see she is heading to get hurt......but mostly I let her just be.  She loves climbing on every and anything.  She is interested in other kids, but she keeps a good distance.....even when they want to get in her face. I enjoy taking her because she enjoys it so much.

Some updates on her....she is almost 19 months old....we need to get her in this week for her 18 month shots. Not super excited, but it is a must.  Since being at home, she has recovered from all of her sicknesses and has really done so much better. She absolutely loves her two babysitters. When I tell her in the morning they are coming she starts screaming, spinning in circles, says "wheeeeee", it is cute.  In fact, when she hasn't had a nap during the day, she cries when they go home.  I feel so much better knowing she is much happier.
Still looking for a nanny.....have another lead on one and will be interviewing her this week. I feel positive about her. She is younger, but has nannied full time before and only stopped because she moved.  Also she is in college online, so this could potentially be a good fit. Will see.

Some new things she is doing lately:
Make-believe play.......I've noticed she just started taking her dolls and stuffed toys w/ her and 'set them up' around her. She'll want them to sit next to her on the chair, will climb off my lap to get them up on my lap too.....and the other day she did this for the first time....
I was going to post picture, but not working. Will have to do it later.....


She is starting to play more independently.  She used to just sit by me and whine and whine until I would play w/ her and whatever she had. Now, she will go and get a toy and play w/ it herself. She does still love her books and will bring one to me regularly, but that one I'm okay w/. It is soooo nice not to have the constant whining.

She is still drinking from bottles. I've resisted taking them away w/ all the other things going on for us.  She has one when she waked up, at nap, and at bed.  She drinks just fine from a sippy, but she still likes her bottles.....and mama likes the cuddle time we get when she drinks them. I say one thing at a time.

In terms of living here, well, let's just say I'm trying to adjust.  There are still things I see regularly that I say, WHAT? As an example, we were getting some food at a restaurant and a woman was upset that her meal was taking too long.......she started screaming, and I mean screaming, at the cashier f*bombs, b*bombs, whatever curse word you could think of.  My baby doesn't hear yelling that often so she was looking at me w/ a seriously puzzled/worried look on her face. I had to tell her it was okay, and the lady was just mad. jeepers.  Also, I feel like everyone smokes around here. I am constantly smelling smoke at stores, between my garage/office, just everywhere. Yuck. And finally, in front of the store the other day a car rolls by w/ a woman holding a baby in her lap and a kid sitting next to her.....no carseats to be found.  Hey boy.

Like I said, hanging in there.........

No comments:

Post a Comment