About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, March 31, 2014

BY-NOO (or MY-NOO)

I have had a few posts roaming around in my mind...mostly things I want to capture of things baby girl is doing. Really new, fun stuff. 

The title of this post is what my child says for Balloon.  Her language skills have started to really ramp up--she is trying more and more words and saying new ones almost by the day it seems.
For example, just the other day I said we have to throw away something.  Then a little later she came up to me w/ something in her hand and said 'away'. Plain as day. I actually knew what she meant and I told her she could go throw it away.  She ran right over to the trash, lifted the lid, threw it away, put the lid down and came back. She was SO proud of herself. And of course I showered her w/ praise. However, I have to watch her because she likes to 'away' things that don't go there like bottle or cups. And she will also dig things out......but she's learning and that's cool.
Some other new words are: done, more, purple, baby (with the full ba-by), mama (she likes to tell everyone I'm her mama and I just love it). She knows her babysitters names.....everyday she says Joo-Jiss, which no idea where that came from but we all know what she means.
She's also starting to repeat things automatically. Before I used to have to ask her....can you say book, or can you say blue?  Now, when she hears things she tries them out. We were watching a tv show w/ letters and they said T. She repeated T. It was cool.
She's still doing so much better at home w/ the babysitters so I am confident I made the right decision taking her out of daycare at that time.  However, after continuing to interview FT nannies we just haven't found the right fit.  Either they want too much salary, I'm not interested, or baby girl didn't mesh w/ them.....I'm okay to continue looking because 'just good enough' isn't enough for me.  My one baby sitter can continue w the PT, but the other can't. So, I'm now going to focus on finding someone PT. Maybe that will open up a bigger pool of people. Will see.
This one has been hard.

On a positive note, I did find a cute (seems nice) rental house. It's good size, 3 bed 2 bath and we will move at the end of this month. Will be nice to get all my stuff in one place. It is quite expensive, but I think renting for the year will be better for me instead of buying. I'm not sure about staying here and buying just doesn't make sense in that scenario. So, I'll just have to know I'm not earning equity, etc. and be okay w/ it.

Good news on the new baby front. I had my last Dr. appointment and the baby was measuring right on track--I just crossed 11 weeks and heartbeat was good. She ran a lot of labs last time I was there and all came back normal (YES!). She wanted to be sure there wasn't anything specific that pre-disposes me to bloodclots and the answer is no. But, I still have to take the shots daily of a low dose blood thinner as preventative. I am just about to finish up my reproductive meds (ends at 12 weeks) so will be down to injections for only one med--yay~!

The only thing I've continued to struggle w/ is the nausea.  It has gotten me pretty good. The Dr. office just prescribed something new (they normally do zo.fran.) but that didn't work well for me last time.....so it's a med that combines uni.som and B6. It's a 'lesser' med than the other anyway.  You ramp up w/ it so it seemed to be helping but I fell asleep last night w/ out taking it so I am starting over somewhat. It did make me uber tired on Sunday but I think I prefer tired versus sick. I'll take again tonight and will see.
I have had to spend a lot of time on the sofa and can easily start to feel the guilt of not being as physically active w/ baby girl, BUT I feel good about the fact that I force myself to get outside when weather nice almost all the time (walks or park), and when we are inside, we still play, it's just she brings things over to me while I rest on the couch.  Books, toys, you name it.  She seems to be taking it all in stride and hasn't been overly fussy, so I'm very thankful for that. She knows her mama loves her--affection is not cut short here--and she gets many hugs, kisses, stories, coloring, etc.....even if it is lying down.
Something i am doing regularly is have her sit on my lap facing me and I ask her about her day. It is so cute. I'll ask her about what she did, where she went, what she ate, etc.. and she answers me--mostly I can't understand, but we are practicing conversation and it's fun.
Another game we play is, "Hey, where's my kiss?" When I say that she runs and giggles....when I get her I get my kiss.....but if she runs too far I'll say 'oh you turkey lurkey'.....and she repeats it. It sorta sounds like turkey lurkey but it is too cute.

It is hard, yes....not feeling well and taking care of another human being is tough.  Throw the move, finding a nanny, needing to move again, starting my job, etc. it has been a lot.
But, I know in my heart that this was the right move for our family. I feel good about it and am thankful that 'knock on wood' I haven't been hospitalized and continue to do pretty well compared to last time.

Looking forward to feeling better and getting some energy back. Yah.

1 comment:

  1. That first trimester with fatigue and nausea was awful. It did get much better though! The rest of pregnancy wasn't as hard with a toddler as I feared it would be. I'm so glad that all is looking good with the baby - and yay for finding a house! I hope you figure something out with the sitter situation, it would be great to have that stress over with.

    ReplyDelete