About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Proud Mama!

A few things I am proud of lately.
About baby girl:  She is growing tremendously well.  We just had her 9 month Dr. appointment and she is 75th percentile for weight at 20lbs, and she is at 97th!! percentile for height at 30 inches.  I couldn't believe it.  However, when we went to the y this weekend there was another baby in the childcare that was a year old....and my baby was sooo much bigger.  Seriously.  It's hard to tell just how long she is when it's just her and I w/ no other baby to compare to.  The Dr. doesnt' seem worried she is too big. And she seems well proportioned, so I'm not too concerned.  the Dr. said growth spurt!

The other thing is we went to the grocery store and a lady stopped us to say baby girl was the cutest baby she has seen in a long time. Well,thank you!  Also, at the childcare one of the workers said she has the most beautiful eyes. Well, thank you!  As a mama of course I think my baby is cute, but when other's say so it just makes me so proud!

She's also learning how to be a writer :)


I am also proud of my myself.  I am committed to getting in shape and losing weight.  This past Friday was the first day of our big.ge.st L.ose.r challenge at work.  We have 3 months, and the person who loses the most percentage of weight gets 500 bucks!  But more than that, it's for my long term health AND to get my body in better shape before October--plan for baby time.  I would say I have a good 60 pounds to lose.  I would like to shed half of it, or close to that over the next 3 months.  Since 1-2 lbs per week is about right, I may not make that, but I will be gaining muscle, which is just as important.
That's what else I am proud of: I committed to going to the gym on the weekends w/ baby girl and we went last weekend Sat/Sun and this weekend Sat/Sun. I was really tired today because 'someone' decided not to nap well at all today.  I know why now....she had a major blowout, so much that I had to take out the jum.per.oo seat and wash it too. Oh yeah.  Anyway I really didn't want to load up and go, but as usual, I feel better after going. And I tried to see how far I could run--not just walk--constantly and it was 7 minutes.  A few years ago it was 30 minutes.  Who knows...maybe I'll get back to even more than before. Need to get some new running shoes.
Oh yes...and I started back on we.igh.t wat.ch.ers online. I have tracked my food since Friday and plan to keep it up.  I also committed to no more restaurants. If I want something, I can have it...just have to cook it now.  This one is going to be tough, but SO in my best interest. That's where I usually fall off the cliff.......or walking in the break room at work and scarfing up whatever sweet treats are left in there.  I will make exceptions when the time calls for it like when my sister is coming in town. But, I will make my lunches for the most part.

Lots to do, but this is really important.  There will be tough times, but I really need to just dig in. And have some discipline.  It's been too easy for me to cave, not follow through, etc. because I am not accountable to anyone. And I can be lazy.  Awareness is the first step to recovery, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment