About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

9 months and 2 more teeth!

So, we have reached a few more milestones....today TWO upper front teeth just popped through....you can't see them, but you can feel them.  She has been fussy, chewing, drooling, red cheeks, and waking up a lot at night.  At least since going through this already, I knew what to expect.  I got a text from our nanny today to tell me the good news since she found them after I had gone to work.

The other is that she went to a babysitter today. For the first time!! My nanny had to go to an appointment, and I had to be at our plant today--I scrambled a bit and ended up talking to my neighbor who has some older girls. They are friends w/ a couple that have an 8 year old and 1 year old.  I talked to them yesterday and they gave me the babysitter they use, but alas....she was all booked up.
They SO KINDLY offered to take baby girl from 2:30-5:30 today.  Of course I was worried she would cry, etc.....but I went to go pick baby girl up and she was just fine.

In fact she was so exhausted we started bedtime routine at 5:47pm. We did bath, bottle, and she was completely sleeping in my arms by 6:25pm.  I wanted to just hold her since she doesn't let me do that very much and it was just so nice....what a great way to end my day.  I put her in the crib at 6:45pm and she cried just briefly and conked out again.  She was tired. I knew this due to the screams in my face when I was getting her ready for bath and jammie time.

As for me....it's been a strange week or so.  Lots of fatigue again...so much so that I took yesterday off to sleep, get a massage, and run a few errands.  It was super nice, but back to the grind today...and 2 more days this week.  I just don't know if this will be my state of being as a single mom.  Wait, just had a lightbulb....I had 2 of my dear friends in town this weekend staying Sat-Monday morning.  What I've learned about having company is that it can be hard when you have a baby.  I think it's because I'm anxious about making sure she's okay, keeping her occupied, taking care of her, and any break I get if she's napping I want to spend w/ my company. We also usually head to a few restaurants, etc..It can be exhausting trying to split your attention. Not sure there is an easier way to do things since I love when they come.
Wears a mama out.

Closing on my rental property next week. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment