About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, February 19, 2025

Camera Roll Update

Well...I missed posting in January. I looked back last year at this time and missed Jan last year too. Maybe it's the after holiday slump and it takes me awhile to 'get going' again.  Although it's not as if we aren't busy over here. Rather than put a long written post I thought I'd post a few photos of what's been going on here.

1/21: Shortly after the kids went back to school we had a snowstorm in late Jan! We get snow maybe every 4-5 years so it was a big deal. We even had school cancelled for 2 days!



1/25: I left a few notes for my girl on the door just so she wouldn't forget. This was what she needed to do before leaving for theater Saturday at 8:45am. My son and I were already out the door at his basketball game by 7:30am. The blue tape is me trying to help decide how big we want the glass to be in our new front door. The tape has been up for months.

1/26: Our "Bath Basket".  I have used this basket for putting in the kids' after bath items (diaper wipes, creams, lotions, powder, etc.) since they were little. It's falling apart, we no longer use it, but I just can't seem to get rid of it.  I took a picture to then see if I felt better throwing it out. My girl asked me what I was doing and I said getting ready to get rid of it and she says "NO!".....so alas, it still hangs there.


2/1: My girl won her District Championship Basketball Match!!!! She played her BEST game all season with many steals, points, and great defense.  It's been really fun to watch her grow over the season. And yes, the silver lining is she really liked the B team so much better (where her friends were), and the coach was a better fit for her--not so intense. She plans to play next year in 8th grade too.


2/8: My son's running club finished the season by running in a community 5K race. It was his first race and he finished in 30 min 41 seconds.  He finished his race 11 seconds slower than my girl's in November. He was SO wanting to beat his sister's time! (no picture for this one)

2/9: Clearly we can see who my son was rooting for! PS That's also a picture of the fireplace that divides my kitchen/living that I'm looking to take down. We've not once had a fire in it and it makes the kitchen very tight.


2/14: This is my girl's list of ways she can build trust with me.  This was what I had her think about and write out because telling the truth is sometimes hard for her. She gets anxious often and a result of that is she gets more nervous to tell the truth. Also, she's made some not great choices lately....for example, when home by herself while we've been at basketball she made edible cookie dough (not supposed to eat while I'm gone). This was the second time she had done something with food so rather than take away Ipad time, which doesn't really impact her, I thought of this. She had one week to do it, and it was due on this day. Also, she's the queen of "I will"....when I ask her to do something, then it doesn't get done.  This also feeds into the fact that she wants to go to sleep away church camp this summer with her friend Parker.  I've never really been a fan of sleep away camps in general, so it's been something we've been discussing. We have to build trust in order for me to consider it.  Will see how it goes....




2/14: My son brought this home from school for me on Valentine's day. Although he said it was for my birthday. He actually bought it with his earned "Knight bucks" 10 of them. They earn the bucks at school for good behavior. So sweet of him to think of me! And by the way, I'm now 50. Wow.



2/18: I took this picture on the 18th, but it was actually brought home on 2/14. This is my girl's first REAL valentines from a boy.  We had to cut it down because it was a very long stemmed rose, chocolates, and a sweet card. Our neighbor boy Teddy has always had a crush on my girl, ever since they moved in about 4 years ago? He's also in 7th grade and plays a lot as well w/ my son. A few months back my girl told me Teddy asked her to be his girlfriend and could she say yes? I asked her a few questions like 1) doesn't Teddy annoy you sometimes? 2) will it be weird if it doesn't last long and he still lives next door and 3) Don't you say Teddy talks too much?....apparently none of those questions were deal breakers. LOL. So, she said yes. I asked her what it means to be boyfriend/girlfriend in 7th grade and she said not much. I said do you sit together at lunch? Nope. Do you hold hands? nope. Do you smooch? NO! she screamed. Gross. That answer right there was enough for me to be ok w/ it. What a nice memory for her to have....he brought her all her gifts during math and she got to carry them around all day w/ her.


Overall we are doing ok....my girl is home today for the second day w/ crud i.e. mild fever, congestion, stomach ache. Poor kid. She gets quite stressed staying home because she just doesn't want to miss anything and theater is in full gear because the show is next weekend. I told her of course she will be able to catch up and taking care of her well being is most important. I know if she's questioning going to school she really should stay home.
So yesterday the school calls me at 1pm and says my son had been to the nurses office twice. He was complaining of headache, stomachache, etc.. I said I'd go get him thinking of course he has just what his sister has. Lo and behold when I get to school and we get to the car my son says, mom, I mostly had you come because I found a hole in my shorts. WT heck kid.

His season of basketball is wrapping up--thank goodness because it's been rough. The kids are 0-6, with one more game to go tomorrow. It's just so discouraging for the boys, and my son doesn't take well to losing over and over.

As for me, I'm still plugging away to get the remodel started. We spent 2 1/2 months waiting for the structural engineer to get us drawings and he just flaked out. Couldn't give a timeline at all for when he might finish....so, had to just pivot and start over w/ a new one. I've had two of them out these past few weeks and waiting on bids and next steps. In the meantime I've been not in love w/ the color of my new windows and trim (it's more grey and it looks very dull, especially on cloudy days), so to update and improve the look I've been wanting to put stone in my entryway. In december the hoa approved my request, and I've just not found the right stone to use. It's kind of a smaller project to keep me distracted until I can get rollin w/ the bigger one.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment