This virus is awful. I went to the ER over the weekend (with the kids of course because what else could I do) and after chest X-ray they said I had pneumonia. The good news to come out of that is my oxygen levels were good enough to keep me out of the hospital. The Dr told me there’s no room anyway. So, thankfully I’m not lined up against a wall, I’m at home.
I don’t have the energy to write too much but I do want to say the emotional toll of this virus is just as bad as the physical. Worrying if today’s your last day, watching your pulse ox go down, wondering if this is it? Having your son walk toward you, then shy away because you are sick.....having your kids ask you if you are going to die? And, seeing their faces when I tell them the truth—that it’s possible, but I hope not.
Not much worse.....I’m emotionally and physically depleted. Lots of tears. For all of us.
I’ve learned after day 14 of this it truly is day by day. You might think symptoms are easing (for me it’s the malaise, headache, fatigue, dry cough when trying to take a deep breath), but then you spend the entire next day on the couch...again.
I finally finally got a primary Dr call yesterday (too long a story to even begin—I need a new Dr office) and he started me on steroids and antibiotics. I hope it helps. I’ve used my albuterol inhaler almost daily for several days now and the only other thing that’s really helped thus far is Tylenol every 4 hours.
Day by day.
That sounds just terrible. So hoping you’re feeling. Prayers to your family
ReplyDeleteFeeling better!!
ReplyDeleteI’m just wondering worrying how you are doing? Best wishes
ReplyDeleteJRE Thank you so much for your comments/prayers...I apologize for the delay in responding. It's been really tough over here. :(
ReplyDelete