The school has started sending weekly emails updating on next steps. I enrolled my son in kindergarten so will now have two kids in elementary school. When did this happen?? I have to say I am thankful he missed the birthday cutoff and had to wait an extra year for full time school. He needed the growth and development. So, my kids are 2 years apart in age but 3 years apart in school...I kind of like that.
We haven’t gotten what the Daily schedule will look like for online, so I’m curious how it will be. We got a rough outline that shows 8-3 and activity slots and I just rolled my eyes. Not in this house will that happen, with either of them. So, I’m hopeful that there will be many slots that are flexible. My son lasted about 10 min max watching his teacher teach on video, so yeah.
The principal did say that the first 3 days will be the teachers trying to “build community”. Not sure how that will go with zoom, but I’m keeping open mind.
I’m kind of in the mode of wait and see. I’m not too worked up because if the plan stays, they will only do this for a few weeks until Labor Day. My daughter keeps reminding me, “no offense mom, but you are not a good teacher”. More to come. I think we find out class Teacher assignments on Monday the 17th. I really hope my daughter continues in same class as her little friend June and my son doesn’t end up in kinder class with teacher my daughter did. That’s why we ended up going private for kinder.
I did send an email to the principal back in May pretty much demanding my daughter not be in the same class with the boy who caused so much trouble for her this past 2nd grade year—there are just some kids I don’t want her anywhere near. Will see if my request sticks.
And now it’s time for a Covid birthday. Awhile back my girl hand made invitations and mailed them out.
![]() |
| She drew little tacos for her “Invutashon” |
I honestly didn’t expect that people would want to come due to the virus, but lo and behold they all wanted to come. I let her continue planning and we got decorations etc but in the back of my mind I kept worrying about whether it was safe to do—even with a small group.
So, just today I actually decided to go ahead and cancel the get together. She was a little disappointed, but we are still having all the festivities, just with me, her brother, and old babysitter from old city. A few of the friends will still drive by to say hello and drop gifts so that will be good for her too. Our mail order piƱata and plates never showed up, but we’ll still find those somewhere else. We’ve kind of been munching on the candy already, but hey. It will all work out. She still seems excited so that’s really the most important to me.
We had my daughter’s 8 year well visit (a bit early) with her Dr and it went really well. She’s doing a lot better than a few months ago, grew 2 inches from last year and gained 12 lbs! Even with that she’s still in the healthy weight category because she’s so tall—90 some percentile. Girl is gonna be tall just like mama yay! Over the last year they both have noticeably stretched....when I watch the two of them walk ahead of me they are so much more big kids.....not my littles anymore. My girl wears 10s and my son is out of the T’s and wears big boys 6/7s. Oy!
As for me, and I’m still working on limiting caffeine and looking forward to what’s next when school starts. I will miss the lazy mornings we’ve worked into where we wake, eventually eat, play games, and don’t typically get going until 10 or 11. My kind of morning. We’ve still tried to keep an active ‘thing’ daily and for the most part it’s going to the neighborhood pool. I’m thankful they’ve stayed open.
Summer is winding down....and I’m ready for a break in the heat!

No comments:
Post a Comment