Well....I’m writing this post in my hospital bed at 5:43am. Between when next set of medicine starts to kick in so hopefully this will all make
Ive suspected I had a hernia in my upper stomach for awhile but it didn’t cause me too much issue so never really got it tested. However when I was having all that trouble back in March with fertility meds and had ct scan it was officially diagnosed then.
Well Wednesday of this week I noticed my upper stomach area at the hernia area was really starting to hurt. It felt like maybe I hit it on something and movement and walking was causing it to be pretty sore. I was having to hold on to it after getting up and it took my breath away a few times. Then I noticed the skin on top of it was turning pinkish in color and knew that wasn’t normal.
I called that afternoon for an appointment with my GI doc for soonest and they made appt Thursday with the Really sweet older lady physician assistant I saw last time.
Here’s where I prioritized construction house over that appointment because we were making final push to get it totally finished. I had been spending a few hours a day there everyday since last Friday. I called and rescheduled the appointment to Friday this week-2 days ago.
I went to appointment on Friday and she had me tell her what I was feeling and to get up on table to look. Sweet lady she remembered to ask me how the fertility treatment turned out.
Anyway when she stated poking around who-eee it hurt. She was noticing something a bit odd/ hard-like so she said she wanted to bring doctor in to take a look. This Dr I’ve seen in past so it was nice to see a familiar face, he also manipulated the area and said yes, it needs to get checked out. I said ok where to make an appointment and he said no, I need to go to the emergency room.
The blood drained from my head at that moment and I got a good dose of fear hormone coursing through my body. I couldn’t remember what word he used about what was happening but he said he was going to call the ER tell them I’m on my way.
After he left I asked the PA was that really necessary? My mind kept going to cost and was this really an emergency? The PA said the dr sometimes is quick to send to ER so maybe call an urgent care or something. She said at least walk over to ER and see what wait was going to be first.
Why I questioned him I’m not really sure.
I walked over to the adjacent ER from his medical building and can I just tell you how nuts/busy/full/ and crazy it seemed in there. Omg. I went to check in lady and asked about the wait and she basically gave me a look like...look around. She was nice about it but said they were full in back and 31 people to process through already. I thanked her and said I’d look elsewhere.
Went back to my car and called an affiliate urgent care/emergency center tied to this hospital system and after I explained situation she said I could come there but if they discovered I needed surgery they would have to transport me by ambulance to hospital.
Well that didn’t make sense either so I decided to go the the affiliate hospital directly much closer to my area of town and home such that if I did need admitted I’d be there.
I am so proud of myself for thinking ahead. I decided to stop by my house in the way and take a bag with me for chargers, changed to comfy clothes, toothbrush, mouthwash, my daily medicine.
Off I went to the new ER.
I’m going to have to finish this in a bit with part 2. I can tell I need to take a break here.
Oh no....hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling much better. Anxious to read part II.
ReplyDelete