So, I'm feeling a bit like a slacker today. First thing this morning my nanny comes in w/ a present for baby girl. A happy valentine bib. It was really cute. Then I get a text from my sister Happy V-day......then later today I got another one from a friend......then I get a few calls from friends saying Happy V-day.
I didn't even say happy valentines to my baby or even think to get her a present. I didn't return my sister's text message. I didn't wear red today. My only saving grace is that instead of Xmas picture cards (totally missed that), we did Valentines Day picture cards....a friend took them at one of our parks and I used a website to make some cute cards. I got them mailed on Monday in the hopes that some would get before today.
I am actually truly feeling exhausted. This week has been hectic/stressful at work. I have this inner fatigue that I can't shake....so tonight when I got home from work when baby girl started fussing fussing we did bath early, fed her the bottle, and put her in her cradle at 6pm (about an hour to 2 hours early). But, she fell asleep. So, I took advantage--turned off all the lights and laid on the couch and rested too. She woke up here and there but went back to sleep and didn't wake fully until 9pm to get her nighttime bottle.
And here I sit in the recliner.
I think this is one of the first times I am feeling the effects of single motherhood i.e. exhausting. Normally I feel like I handle it pretty well, feel it's not overly difficult...it really hasn't been for me because I truly enjoy my time w/ my baby....but this week. Ahhh.....I wish I could crawl in a hole and sleep for a few days.
Hopefully this will not last long and I'll bounce back. I know I'm tired when last weekend I just laid on the floor next to baby and just kept holding up toys for her....it's all I could muster.
I can at least say it here.....Happy Valentines Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment